_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Opinion on ICM kit needed
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 04:49 PM UTC
Is this a good kit?

Icm, 35121 Pzkpfw ll ausf.L 'Luchs''

I can get it for €17.50
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:45 AM UTC
No one ???
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
heej ron je hebt als taal nederlands dus de engelse kunnen hem niet zien ik ben niet bekend met deze kit dus kan je niet helpen
kingcrt
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:13 AM UTC
I have been working with this kit off and on again over the last six months. There is some detail that is good yet some over exaggerated or yet non existent. The tracks are individual-link style and if I recall will require removing significant amount of injector pins, which will be difficult because they are somewhat delicate. Construction is pretty straight forward, but dry fit before assembly as some parts need to be sanded down to fit properly. This kit would defiantly benefit from some PE. I think Eduard or Aber make one for this kit. One more thing about the ICM kit is you will need to wash the sprues thoroughly because of the sticky, oily mold release agent that is all over everything. This one wasn't as bad as the T-28 of theirs that I built. The mold release was practically dripping of those sprues. I have heard that the Tasca kit is much better and is also more expensive.

I hope this helps.

Mike
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 06:17 AM UTC
I have this kit and it looks OK to me, but I am no expert on this vehicle. My kit was covered in places with a sticky tar-like substance that required liberal application of grease remover.

So far the build has gone well with no problems. Someone sent me the Aber set for this kit and I stopped building to see what I could use from the set.

I always wondered why people get anxious when no one answers their post after a few hours, especially when most of the members are sleeping.
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:21 AM UTC
hehehe, tnx for the responses,

Yeah I whas/am a bit a anxious to know if I should or should get this model from a fellow modeler

I also made a mistake, by placing this topic in the Dutch section instead of the English on
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:22 AM UTC
ICM's kit is not one of their best efforts ..they made a big mistake at the front of the vehicle ...there is supposed to be a plate that comes up to meet the front armor plate at a certain angle ... they made the front completely flat ...big boo boo ! Other than that I think there is something about one tooth too many on the sproket ..or was that the mirage kit?? Anyway I would stay away from either kit and save up my money for the new Lynx from Tasca ..Costs alot more but you will save on aftermarket gear... Just my humble opinion.

Rick
 _GOTOTOP