Hosted by Darren Baker
Punch Sets For Leaves
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:27 PM UTC
Does anyone know of a company that makes a punch set (like a hole puncher thing) for making 1/35th scaled leaves? I was thinking about this the other day and figured someone has to have made them by now, but I've never seen one before. I'd really like one for palm leaves. Those things are a pain in the neck to cut out.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:32 PM UTC
Hey Brad, have you checked places like Hobby Lobby. I thought I've seen hole punches with different shapes in the scrap book section.

I know that Hudson & Allen has or had sets of pre-punched leaves in different colors and I think Eduard has photo etch sets. Verlinden has or had photo etch palm plants and also Royal Models.

Hope this is a start.
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 472 posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2004 - 07:27 PM UTC
Hi Brad!

Ive had the same idea for making leaves but it doesnt seem to be anyone interrested in making them.

My idea also included coloured paper to punch out from so one could get different shades depending on the season.

One can use the existing punches as long as one stick to round leaves. But it would be nice to have oval and drapshaped as might as well.

Maybe something for the Small Shop EU or Mission models who seemt to take up new ideas and manufacture tools.
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 02:29 AM UTC
I have been to scrapbook stores and Hobby Lobby and Michaels, etc. I did find a hole puncher with a leaf shape to it. It is suitable for large leafed trees like big maples. I tried it on green paper and green, thin acetate for color experiments.

If you are detail crazy, you can add the stem line and a few wispy veins to each leaf.

The best, best, best really are the seeds from the silver birch catkin trees. There are none in the USA, even in arboretums, etc. But, they grow wild in East Europe in the Fall. My son lives there and collected some for me. they are perfect. See my article on "Super Tree or Super Nuts" running now.

Sealhead
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 10:14 AM UTC
Just a thought to ponder...can the silver birch seeds be purchased from a seed company? May be the way to go to import them that way? Kevin
 _GOTOTOP