_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Royal Model Upgrade set for DML Elefant
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 05:03 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I just on an impulse purchased the 2 sets for upgrading DML Elefant. one set is the fender, another set is detail sets. Have any of you tried use these two, are they any good? or if there is any pitfall I shall look out for. Thanks for your help.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 04:38 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

I remember to read an article at MM or TMMI about that. I'll look for it and will let you know.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 07:31 AM UTC
thanks for telling us about these sets iam geting the italiy elpnet next week cause i dont know how to put track links to gther lol
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 09:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Dave,

I remember to read an article at MM or TMMI about that. I'll look for it and will let you know.

Thanks Tuga, if you have these information, will really appreciate it.

On the other hand, Tazz, actually DML track link is quite easy to assemble once you get a hand of it. I used to hate it, but once I tried it, I like it a lot. What I do is once I cleaned all the track links. I make a long stretch of them, because the glues usually takes a long time to dry on these tracks, so I am able to wrap the tracks around idler wheels, and such, and also create sag as I desired. Give it a try.

Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 10:05 AM UTC
I use the same method as you, SS-74, but there is one thing I haven't quite figured out. What's the best way to paint the tracks? I don't see how you could airbrush them when they are in position on the model. What do you do?

Nic
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I use the same method as you, SS-74, but there is one thing I haven't quite figured out. What's the best way to paint the tracks? I don't see how you could airbrush them when they are in position on the model. What do you do?

Nic

Hi Nic, I have a simple rule while painting them. that is if your airbrush cannot get to them the chance is that you cannot see them. That said, I am using a technic that is used by a lot of Japanese model maker which is first I paint the whole substructure in flat black, wheels, chasis, tracks, etc. Then paint the desired color, and if there is rubber rim on the wheels, I just airbrushed center part of the wheel freehand, so the rubber rim is not a perfect circle of black, and for me it looked real. You can go have a look of my Pz III Ausf J I posted on the track link, I am using this technic while painting the substructure.

_GOTOTOP