Hosted by Darren Baker
Question about Keith Magee foamcore buildings
ekaufman
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 06:19 AM UTC
This is for Keith or any one who knows the answer.
I building a new diorama with a street scene so iv'e decided to create the building from foamcore,as per the aricle "building a diorama from scratch".
so i got to the stage that the building is ready for the next step,it's all glued and the windows and doors are in place....what's next?
i know the rest of the book is not published yet but how do i move on with the building?
any help will be graetly appriciated

Eran
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:23 AM UTC
Eran, I believe for a brick or stone building your next step would be to cover the exterior surface with wall spackle or something similar. When this would dry you would scribe your brick pattern or detail in to the surface, then paint and weather it. Hope this helps, Cheers Kevin
FiveOduece
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 159 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 09:35 AM UTC
Kevin is right, you want to put a layer of spackle or plaster(tricky to work with IMOO). I used this method after reading the article and works. You will have to scribe the brick/stone pattern in. You may want to make a template for the scribbing. Or you can you a ruler and make the horizontal morter lines between the bricks. Remember to stagger the veritcal line. If you use spackle, if it is to heavy a layer it will crack.
 _GOTOTOP