_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Vote for kit of the year: Dragon T-34/76 1941
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 05:43 PM UTC
What a great kit. This is without a doubt the best 1/35 kit I have ever had the pleasure of working with. It fits perfectly, the design is ingenius, and the detail is outstanding.

Many of the parts fit so well that no glue is needed to attach them to the model. (I did anyway) Fit is spot on, and I have only used a little Mr Surfacer here and there, and that is mostly due to my ineptness, not the kit. I cut all of the turret parts off of the sprue, didn't clean them up, and assembled the turret with no glue or tape. Not only did it fit so well that it stayed together, but I placed it on the hull and rotated it and it still stayed together!

The model is very detailed, and there are probably twice as many parts as your average 1/35 Tamiya kit, as normal for Dragon. The kit also has PE parts and metal tow cables, and if you aren't a big fan of PE there are also plastic counterparts to use. Also, all of the major hatches can be positioned open, so you could go crazy with aftermarket sets and really make an eye opener if you were so inclined...

I sure hope my Trumpeter 1/16 kit is as nice as this one, I pick it up Saturday.

If you like the T-34/76, then grab this model, you won't be sorry. I am having a hard time putting it down. I am having a great time building this model... Now to find an aluminum barrel....

Scott Gentry
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 09:48 PM UTC
HI, I agree. All of the recently released Dragon T-34s are very, very nice indeed. Haven't done the 1941 model yet, but if it's anything like the 1940 and UTZ 1944 ones, I know I won't be disappointed in the least.

Wait till you get and start that Trumpter kit! Not to take away anything from Dragon, but this takes modeling the T-34 into a whole new dimension.

Take care, Sgirty
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:53 PM UTC
What a coincidence,I am building mine now.I have recently completed the mod 1940 version,and this one is a better product.It includes a printed part that looks like the visible end of the engine to be placed under the PE screen on the engine deck.
I am taking pictures as I go along,and will soon show them here.
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:30 AM UTC
I was thinking wich will be my next kit to buy and after reading this post I dicided that IŽll buy this T34 from Dragon. Thanks for the info.

I like very much Dragon kits.

rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 757 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:26 AM UTC
try here for the aluminum barrel
http://www.granddadshobbyshop.com/Military.html

reb
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:33 AM UTC
Does the usual indy tracks come with these kits also? Certainly hope so!
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 07:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Does the usual indy tracks come with these kits also? Certainly hope so!

Yep, sure do...

Scott Gentry, waiting to go home and work on it some more...

:-)
 _GOTOTOP