_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Unterscharführer 1945
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 06:41 AM UTC
This is Dragons Unterschar in 1:16 - ok kit - better fit than the British Para, but some of the details ain´t up to the level seen on Tamiyas offerings.

I want to let him dry up before washing and weathering, any suggestions before that ?

The lights ain´t the best, but the sun is setting right now

PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 07:30 AM UTC
Mox:
I just stared on this guy 2 days ... I gave him a Tammy Belt buckle etc just to beef up some of the detail (I built this guy once before a few years ago). I also changed the shape on the back of the ammo pouched to make them sit better.

The figure looks good, nice job on the camo.

I like what you did with the gun, in my past experience it just didn't fit right like they have it on the box art. I think I'll be copying your idea.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 07:50 AM UTC
I like it a lot out standing work,are you going to put him on a base?iv just posted my update of a 101st airborne figure check it out bye for now
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 08:44 AM UTC
MrMox,
You might want to use a wash of brown or black overall on the uniform. Then use the original color on the tops of folds to bring out the highlights. I use that technique in 1/35 and it comes out alright. He does look magnificent!! Great job!!
Ciao for now
Rob
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, July 02, 2004 - 09:59 AM UTC
Hi Jan,nice work on this fig,what might look good is when you base him,weather him from the boots upto just below the knee,but do it in stages,dark up into light,check out the gas mask container,there seems to be the end of the strap from the buckle missing,but that is just nit picking,good one.
Arthur
 _GOTOTOP