Hosted by Darren Baker
1/16 HELP finding recources
johnmshaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi, I am looking for tips on finding extra details for my Tiger I kit.
I have the metal tracks, but looking into possible zimmerit kits or tools, PE I am going with aber. Can anyone else offer any ideas for detailing and maybe links? thanks
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, I am looking for tips on finding extra details for my Tiger I kit.
I have the metal tracks, but looking into possible zimmerit kits or tools, PE I am going with aber. Can anyone else offer any ideas for detailing and maybe links? thanks

I am going to assume that you have the Tamiya kit, so here goes.

Hobby Fan make an aluminum tank barrel. If you are going to get the Aber set, I assume you mean the superset? If so, that is really all you need with what is in the box to make a museum quality model of an early Tiger I. You could also get Hussars decals, and Tamiya makes really nice Kubelwagens and figures, and Dragon and Verlinden also make 120 mm figures and weapons that will go well with a big cat.

You mentioned zimmerit, please remember that the Tamiya kit is an early Tiger, and so zimmerit would be inappropriate unless you want to perform some major surgery.

Have fun,

Scott Gentry
majorproblem
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 02:58 AM UTC
Theres also this guy on ebay, although he is not selling anything currently, it may be worth emailing him.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44026&item=5903543595
johnmshaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You mentioned zimmerit, please remember that the Tamiya kit is an early Tiger, and so zimmerit would be inappropriate unless you want to perform some major surgery.

Good point, thanks. I was thinking of items like metal axes, shovels, etc....and yep it's the Tamiya kit. thanks all
schrauber
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:08 AM UTC
hi, try to find something on this site : www.afv-model.com ther is nothing special for the tiger but they have metal axes and more ....

regards from germany

axel
 _GOTOTOP