_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
REVIEW
  WW2 German Army Zeltbahn Tent
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 05:47 AM UTC
OLUJ D-tails Zeltbahn 31 Tent is the second product from this small company from Serbia I''m reviewing.

Read more here:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
piwi
Visit this Community
Nord, France
KitMaker: 712 posts
Armorama: 558 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 06:19 AM UTC
Nice but remerber me a Tamyia's set produced few years ago !
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:55 PM UTC
Well, I visited Alexander while this product was still not for "market sale" and i had a chance to see it in original, im surely planing to get few of theese becouse their colour is very nice and assembly is not a big problem!

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:49 AM UTC
this is also nice as the propaganda posters. it really looks like as Pierre mentioned but if i remember well Tamiya paper sheet is harder to make a tent .
and brother Mirko's reference is trustable to pay for it.
Adler
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:18 PM UTC
The tent is too straight. Zeltbahn tents (I own a 1:1 4 man and 8 man zelt tent) have a tendancy to sag towards the middle of each triangular panel.

Also, one side is usually opened up somewhat, so that the occupants can get in and out without having to unbutton every button. When you do this, you risk collapsing the whole tent because being bent over unbuttoning the damned thing with your gear attached has a tendancy to leave you a bit off balance. In most cases, the 4 man tent has one flap completely open (kind of like an overhang), using 2 or 3 poles in each of the base grommets to prop it up and rope and pegs to keep the poles from falling.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:13 PM UTC
I do believe that you are right. The tent is a little too "featureless." With some wrinkles and sagging, it would probably look very nice.
Ciao for now
Rob
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 06:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I do believe that you are right. The tent is a little too "featureless." With some wrinkles and sagging, it would probably look very nice.
Ciao for now
Rob

I have to coorect u both on this one, i was present on "test assembly" when Alexander "sprinkled" a mix of white glue-water over the almost finished tent, that helped him to make a sag (a very nice one) and about one side beeing open... u can always cut off (or bent) one side.....

anyways, beeing in Serbia, and only beeing able to get Italeris plastic tent, Alexander's one and for this price is always a better choice for me.

Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 07:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The tent is too straight. Zeltbahn tents (I own a 1:1 4 man and 8 man zelt tent) have a tendancy to sag towards the middle of each triangular panel.

I believe I wrote in the review that what you see on photos is just a copy of real product, printed of thick paper. The real OLUJ D-tails product is printed on very thin paper and you get instructions how to add wrinkles to it. I'm also sure that you can easily add a little sag to tent sides once the paper is soaked in PVA glue and water. It was just not possible on the copy I made, because the ink from my printer would just dissolve in water.

Quoted Text

about one side beeing open... u can always cut off (or bent) one side.....

Sure, you can do that. But then you will need to paint interior as it is not printed and you will loose the edge of one of the Zeltbahns, as they overlap on each other and by cutting them you can only have edge on one of overlapping triangles - the other will miss it.

Pawel
 _GOTOTOP