_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
"Jim I'm just a doctor not a microsurgeon"
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:52 AM UTC
Alrighty then..here is my review of some "goodies" I am currently using on my Tamiya Production turret King Tiger (kit # 35164) Used the Tamiya individual Track links and grill set...both highly recommended. Got the Cavalier Zimmerit set...trust me...this is the way to go easy not to cost prohibitive. Stuff is real flexible, and very closely form fitted. Aber 35A42 Front and Back Fenders...if you enjoy putting little bitty pieces of brass on other little bitty pieces of brass onto larger pieces of brass (hence the microsurgeon reference), then this is the set for you. Found it to be unnecessarily complicated. I recommend staying away from this one unless you are real good with brass . Aber set 35A40 King Tiger side skirts...I love this set easy, bends nicely, and glues on easy. Plan to use bits of it and bend 'em up to simulate combat use. I have posted a couple of picsin my gallery if anyone is interested. If one of the guru's wants to post pictures onto this thread, I would be appreciative
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
Guru? I don't know about all that. I have two of these kits. One is in progress OOB and the other is going to get the treatment. Yours looks great so far.

Shaun

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 08:28 AM UTC
Thanks for posting the pics Shaun. Didn't realize how "shiny" the tracks looked, of course they haven't been weathered yet.
A-Train
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 08:29 AM UTC
very nice wish i could do stiff like that.
 _GOTOTOP