_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
IS 2 snow camo help
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 01:52 AM UTC
After my Per/Sherman is done I'm gonna build the DML IS 2 ,in snow camo I'm gonna paint it white first What ares besides the suspension area would I dry brush lightly with a dark green? After I paint it white I'm going to spray a flat clear coat on it What type of color should I use for the wash,black or grey? I doubt if I'll put any simulated mud on it ,because it wont be on a diorama I really want to get this right ,but I'm kind of afraid to do it
Chad #:-)
TimberWolf
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 01:56 AM UTC
Im doing a snow dio too, are you shure you paint it white first? I would paint it green and dry bush white all over (read about it in a book ) good luck
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 03:22 AM UTC
Hey Chad,

WWWHHHOOOAAA there, her's another suggestion/idea......

First off, paint the upper areas a shade of Russian green that you want. Paint the lower areas (wheeel, sides, and track) Schokoladenbraum. Give the whole thing a brunt umber or seina wash. Set aside to dry for three days or so.

Then, take Tamiya white, spray onto the top areas. Get a wide flat brush and a bit of alcohol (IPA for exmple) and brush here and there. More on the worn areas, less on the sides. Do not spray the Schoko. with white.

Give it a dark blue-ish wash with liberal amounts of raw seina or umber (fresh mud). Dry brush the lower areas shades of brown etc. Give it the perverbia scratches and chips that everyone likes, then enjoy!

Dave
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hi,

You should get AFV Modeller magazine (No.2) There are several outstanding articles (with photos- of course) how to reproduce extremly realistic winter camouflage. One of them is about IS tank.

regards,

Michal
 _GOTOTOP