Hosted by Darren Baker
Building Fujimi kits
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:37 AM UTC
hey guys, anyone tryed to build 76 fujimi kits?I'm thinking of buying these 2 but I don't really know how's the overall quality...any sugestions?

It seems I'm turning into an armor guy because of you and this great forum/site

http://www.ansantos.com/images/Fujimi/F76011.htm

http://www.ansantos.com/images/Fujimi/F76012.htm
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:48 AM UTC
I recently finished the Fujimi 1/76 scale M4A1 75mm kit as part of the D-Day Operation Overlord group build.

Not bad kits, but not all that great either. I've still got an M30 ammo carrier that I haven't gotten to yet. Both of my kits came with items like a Jeep and motorcycle. If you are really in the market for a StuG or a Panzer IV though, I would suggest looking for the newer Revell ones.
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:43 AM UTC
well they dont seem bad in the pics cause they're well painted...I was gonna buy those kits 'cause of the extra figures and motorcycles...they come cheap as they only are 7euros isntead of the 10 euros that I usually pay for revell kits....

What are the major errors?detail?shape accuracy?

thanx in advance
ekke
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 08:23 AM UTC
The worst on the kits is that they have soft-venyl-tracks because these are very thick and soft...
I already built the StuG III and it`s not too bad, there`s some flash and typical errors with the surface-detailing.
The Kübelwagen and some (poor) figures are included.
All in all i`d suggest you to buy Revell kits if you really want good quality and little trouble while building the kit.
If the price is really a very big problem for you just try the Fujimi kits, as i wrote they are O.K.

I hope this helped!
Greetings, ekke
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 08:57 AM UTC
thanx a lot! as I'm building my first tank kits I want simple stuff so the revell are the adequate ones. I love those boxes

Thanx again
 _GOTOTOP