_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
mid-Carpathian vehicle update3
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 06:24 PM UTC
Hello everyone, I am making steady progress on the vehicles for my current dio. Here i have almost finished the DML kettenkrad. It is thru the drybrush stage and awaiting being dusted with pigments and powders. The kettenkrad's tracks look like a bear when you look at all the tiny pieces but actually went together quite nicely. So far I am pleased with how this has come out. Ans yes I know there is a thread there, I am debating whether I should add more boxes. Whats does everyone else think? I would like to hear others comments. Any and all, let me have it. Cheers Kevin

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 06:59 PM UTC
My take would be more boxes. I like lots of stuff.

One thing I noticed was the figures goggle strap, is it up under his hat?
The white emblem on the left side is a bit clean. Just a nit pick.

The camo blending is great.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 07:12 PM UTC
hi Kevin,
the painting of ketten and figure is very good. I agree Scott's eagle eye critics as always..adding another row of 3 boxes and tieing them withthe rope will make it better and google strap can be added easily.
congrats
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 07:16 PM UTC
While I'm the last guy in the world to advocate the 'mudded to death look'...
But wasnt' the purpose of this vehicle to go places that bigger supply/towing vehicles could not? You've got the loaded to the gills thing down.
I'd suggest a little more mud, just to reinforce the idea that it is a higher mobility vehicle.
but that's just me.

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 07:21 PM UTC
Well u ve sure made anice clean build and good paint job both on Ketten and figure . I agree with pre posters and some more mud on tracks will add to the vehicles charachter

Keep on

Costas
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 07:56 PM UTC
Great job again, I know you have already given me a sneak preview, I think you are right on the money, superior workmanship. As for more mud, depends on your setting. More boxes? Mayhap, maybe a couple of the smaller ones, you should have some on one of the sheets. Or the medical supplies?
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 09:15 PM UTC
Thanks for the helpful comments guys. I agree I will make a goggle strap for the driver and will also add a few more boxes. Since this is a dio of a convoy of vehicles heading for kursk in the summer of 43 i wont add much mud but a heavy dose of dust. I agree these vehicles were for the jobs other vehicles couldnt do but since its heading to the front its just being used for regular transport duties. I have also noticed I lost a bracket holding the axe on, i have remedied this. Will post more after the final weathering. Any other things any one noticed that I could change or improve? Just post and let me know. Cheers Kevin
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 09:56 AM UTC
As always your work is impecable. I hope one day to be as good as or better than you..haha. I really like the figure. The facial featues are awesome. Good Job..
Loves Ya,
Mary
 _GOTOTOP