_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tiger Models
leader
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 09:09 AM UTC
Good day

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my first diorama, and am eager to start on my second one already. For the second one I have a German Tiger tank in mind. And this is where my question comes in. There are so many TIGER 1 models made by so many different companies, so which one is the best OOTB in terms of detail and accuracy?

I'm sure Tamiya is the frontrunner, but I've heard some of their kits have significant problems, therefore since the TIGER 1 seems to be the most modelled AFV, which one would you recommend overall.

Leader
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 12:25 PM UTC
Hi there,I just finished the Tamiya Tiger I Early production version and it was a good build no problems at all.I also have a Academy Tiger I this one also looks like it will be a good build.
You cant go wrong with either the Tam or Academy,the earlier Italeri version I have heard has some problems.
You can also check out some reviews at the other Armour sites on the net lots of Tiger reviews around,and there was a Finescale modeler article on all Tiger kits published earlier this year or late last year.
Hope this helps you a bit
Have a good one
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 04:26 PM UTC
Hi Leader,

Some info about the TAMIYA Tigers TIGER 1E Info.

Here at ML Reviews you have lots of Tiger kits reviewed.

HTH
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 07:34 PM UTC
Fine scale modler had a review a few months back maybe last year,if you want I could scan it and email to you your call.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 09:42 PM UTC
Hi
I think the Academy Tiger one is the better, it also comes with interior, very detailed.
Cheers
leader
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 03:04 AM UTC
Thanks for the links and info guys.

Sgtreef that would be awesome, and much appreciated. My email is: [email protected]

Thank you everyone
Leader
 _GOTOTOP