_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
track
tank34boss
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 09:58 AM UTC
IS THERE SOMEWHERE TO PROCURE SINGLE BLOCK TRACK THAT WILL
FIT TAMAYIA MODLES. IS TRACK UNIVERSAL NO MATTER THE KIT.
Tiger1
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 171 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 11:36 AM UTC
Are you refering to the Tracks that are used on each individual AFV. If so then the answer is NO. If that is not your question, then I have no idea what you are refering to!!!
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 03:24 PM UTC
IF you are asking whether you can purchase AFTER MARKET track sets that will fit specific Tamiya models, The answer is yes. Companies like Fruil, RHPS and AFV Club make replacement sets for many models. IF the kit your asking for is relatively new you shouldn't have any trouble finding replacement track sets.As to the question" is track universal" The answer is only in heaven. While most track sets will fit most models of the type they were designed for, the qaulity of the base model and its age(how long ago was it produced) will decide how well it will fit. Generally though there are few problems.

Josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 04:15 PM UTC
I think Tank34boss would like to replace the rubber band in the Tamiya kits with individual links. (Something I always do while building Tamiya kits)

If this is the case, then most of the AM tracks should be okay for the Tamiya Kits, as Tamiya's item is usually very "Popular" armor stuff so there is a great supply for them from various suppliers. Friulmodel, ModelKasten, AFV, etc, etc. I personally vote for Friul tracks and Modlekasten, they are both great, and Friultracks are made of metal, so give you a natrual sag, and the assembly is fun and easy.

Actually, If you have a couple of DML kit lying around, you can also use their Indi track to replace the rubber band, their tracks are nice too, but involved a little bit more work.

HTH.
tank34boss
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 09:12 AM UTC
replacing the "rubber band " as you so eliquiently called it hit the nail on the head
i liked that track to start, i can make it work,but i think the other way has endless
possibilities.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 10:09 PM UTC
Individual track blocks are made for a variety of track types. This answer will depend on the type of tank kit you are looking to replace the tracks on. Need to replace the tracks of an M1? Yes, there are individual links available. Need to replace the tracks on the modern Japanese Type 90? No, no individual tracks available.

What kit are you looking to replace the tracks on?
 _GOTOTOP