_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML Pzbflswg III Ausf. K questions
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 01:06 PM UTC
Just a few questions, this kit comes with two different turrets. I'm familiar with DML including extra parts box, but I'm wondering what two types of turrets these are (obviously one is for the Ausf. K).

Next question, I have a set of Eduard PE for the Zvezda PzKfw III Ausf. F, can any of the PE be used for the DML Ausf. K? Big difference in hull fittings or are they basically similar hulls with a different turret?

Last question, which aluminum gun tube would be used to replace the kit one? One half of my kit barrel has a nasty bend in it.
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 01:58 PM UTC
Sabot, in the Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War 2 by Camberlin and Doyle ...... the Pz Bef Wg Ausf K was the same chassis as the Ausf M. So I am not sure the Ausf F fittings will work .... Some will but not all. The gun was the KwK 39 L/60 it is the same gun as the Pz III Ausf J, L, and M. I hope this helps you sir.
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 02:33 PM UTC
The AM barrel you are looking for is the Jordi Rubio #TG-03 50mm KWK L/60: Panzer III Ausf. J,L,M
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 08:58 PM UTC
OK, now I know to look for Ausf M parts for the Ausf K hull. Although I think I have an ancient On The Mark Ausf M/N set for the old Tamiya kit. Thanks for the info.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 01:03 AM UTC
The turret used on the K was a modified Panzer IV turret which gave them a bit more room inside...I don't know if anyone else makes an L/60 barrel but from what I read the Jordi barrel is too long. I found this out after cutting off the barrel on my Panzer III L. Live and learn!

Rick
Viking
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 11:59 PM UTC
Hello Sabot!
Maybe my article on a Panzer III Ausf K Command tank from Gunze (is the same kit as the DML but with another label) can help a little bit:
http://www.panzermodellbau.com/en_tip_pz3_k.html

_GOTOTOP