Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Quicklook: Armo M4A1 Sherman Early
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 06:58 AM UTC
The mailman was good to me today and delivered the Armo M4A1 75mm early Sherman conversion for the Italeri (ex-Esci) M4A1 Sherman.

The conversion kit includes five resin pieces that replace the entire upper hull with the early small hatch hull, 3-piece transmission cover, upper and lower turret halves with early cupola and no loader's hatch, and the initial narrow mantlet.

Resin detail is rather soft around the driver and hull gunner hatches, but otherwise looks good.

The conversion also includes two photoetched frets. The "T" fret for the turret and the "H" fret for the hull. The turret fret includes parts like the .50 cal mount, ammo box, periscope guards, lifting rings and vane sight.

The hull fret includes PE pioneer tools (shovel, ax, sledge hammer, pick ax, wrench), headlight guards, periscope guards, lifting rings, and taillight lenses.

There is also a turned aluminum 75mm barrel included. Very nice item that would dress up any 75mm Sherman kit.

Price for this conversion set was 7.90€ and does not include the base Sherman kit (~$11). ExtraTech has announced a complete M4A1 early kit. I have not seen it so it may be better or may not. The last ExtraTech kit I bought was the multimedia M-36 Jackson and it was in the $27 range. I can't make a quality vs. price comparison at this time.

Also delivered in my order was the Part PE sets for the Dragon Abrams and the PST T-54/55 and the Armo barrel for my Attack PzKpfw 38(t) kit. Now I should be able to finish my Project X Schwimmkorper PzKpfw 38(t).
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:10 AM UTC
Rob, where do you order your 1/72 stuff from? I have found that Squadron has started to carry a lot more in this area. Just wondering so I might follow suit. Thanks. "Q"
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC
I order from www.tracks-n-troops.com. Never had a problem and have gotten just what I've ordered. They have the full line of Armo conversions for the ex-Esci Sherman as well as all sorts of aftermarket items.
 _GOTOTOP