_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Finished my M110 sp gun. PIC's
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:16 PM UTC
This is the Italeri 1/35 M110 203mm sp gun. I built this kit for the Incomming Campaign, just thought I would show some pic's hear to get some feedback. This is a great kit! Except of course for the stiff tracks. I broke off one road wheel three times just trying to attach them! But other then that, it was an enjoyable build.

THere are more pic's in the Campaign central command board, hope you enjoy!

Garry
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:56 AM UTC
Is it supposed to be brown or is it the lighting? Looks like a pretty clean build. Good job. "Q"
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:26 AM UTC
Heavy arty rocks. I have to ask too... what color is the tank? The shells appear to be OD so the vehicle is definitely a different color
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 02:09 AM UTC
Garry Beebe,
Looks like it turned out well. I question the color too. US Army never painted any sand to my knowledge. USMC did paint theirs that were involved in Operation Desert Storm ('91) sand color. Also, the breach looks good open and loading the shell, howevere one major piece is missing from the kit. There is no breach block on the inside of the breach door. I coppied the inturrepted screw breach block from the Academy M12 kit, is only 155mm, but looks close enough, and added it to mine . See Below (kinda hard to see, but it is there).

I can cast one for you if you would like. PM me.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 03:07 AM UTC
PLease bare with me on this guys. I am partialy color blind! But that is not why this model is brown, The instructions called for this color. It seemed odd to me to, so I posted the question on this board, and I was told that model Masters Military brown was the correct color. So my hands are in the air amigo's. Just to be safe, I had better stick to my WW-2 OD green Models !
LOL! this is an ongoing thing with my eye's to. Please dont tell me to go to the gray house, I'll get it wrong! Been there, done that!
Thanks for the input guys! I realydo need it.

Garry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 04:37 AM UTC
Please except my apoligy, I went back over the instructions, and there it was, realy had to look hard for it! But yes, it does call for OD green! Missed that! So now I just need to repaint it somhow. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Warm regards,

Garry
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 06:53 AM UTC
Garry, easy fix. Just overspray it with the OD and if the brown shows thu it should still look ok. "Q"
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 08:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Garry, easy fix. Just overspray it with the OD and if the brown shows thu it should still look ok. "Q"

Hey Matthew, thanks for that! All of my models are hand brushed, but that dont matter. I am going to go for the re-paint! Thank you for the encouragment.

Cheers ,

Garry
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 10:32 AM UTC
nice build Garry..look good but i think the m-110a2 needs some tool boxes that are attached to the plow

Ray
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 11:53 AM UTC
This M110A2 is now OD green! I repainted it and have just started on the reweathering. I hope to try some weathering techniques that you good modelers have provided, Thanks!

Garry
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 02:11 PM UTC
I wondered why the A1 would be olive drab for all the countries, and the A2 would be different, but I seen stranger, so I didn't say anything, I could only tell you what I have, and seen.

That inturepted screw breach block that Gino is talking about, is that the thing that looks like a half moon inside the German guns, like their Pak guns, or is this something else?

Kerry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 09:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wondered why the A1 would be olive drab for all the countries, and the A2 would be different, but I seen stranger, so I didn't say anything, I could only tell you what I have, and seen.

That inturepted screw breach block that Gino is talking about, is that the thing that looks like a half moon inside the German guns, like their Pak guns, or is this something else?

Kerry

Hello kerry! The Missing breach block should be on the breach hatch door. It looks just like the one on my M12 in this pic.

I cant beleave Italeri left this out!

Cheers,

Garry
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 05:37 AM UTC
Thank you Gary for showing me what it looks like, now I see I got to figure something out for my 107, and my 110, cause both of them are missing that.
That must be a weak point for Italeri.

Kerry
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 08:29 PM UTC
Gary I thought I would of seen the green version by now, aren't you going to show us, I was looking forward to seeing it, after you corrected it.

Kerry
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 08:58 PM UTC
Great build up Gary! You are really pumping them out..im jealous. Cant wait to see the repaited version and the new weathering technic's.
Cheers,
Bryan
 _GOTOTOP