Hosted by Darren Baker
Braille Scale Dio....
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:20 AM UTC
Howdy all. I have this posted inthe Diorama forum as well, but thought I would share with my fellow Brailler's too. The base kit is the Italeri 251/C. It came as a riveted hul model, but I converted it to a welded hul model. I added most of the interior, scratchbuilt the rear door mechanisms and added various pieces and parts to fill up the inside of it. The barn is from some wargamers line (Not sure of the Manufacturer) The figures are form Preiser and are awesome. I am definately buying more in the future. Anyway, hope you guys/gals like it. Let me know what you think. I am taking this to Pheonix next week for the IPMS nationals. Yay! "Q" The last pic is a before shot....duh.

tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:35 AM UTC
thats a great looking Braille Scale Dio....
there is a lot of detail for a sall scale
WAR-TOOL
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 08:12 AM UTC
HI, Your diorama looks awesome! I like it alot, especially the half track. How did you like building that kit? What did tou use to make the tree, It looks exceptional. Congrats on the great job!
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 08:18 AM UTC
outstanding! This is a great looking dio, you've certainly been working hard on it!
Hut
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:46 PM UTC
Very nice build. I am using the same set of figures on a dio I'm presently building. They are very nice indeed. I'd be very glad if my dio comes out half as good as yours.

siegmund
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 87 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 05:09 PM UTC
Awesome. Absolutely awesome.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 05:25 PM UTC
Are you kidding me? It looks like a 1/35th dio!!! :-) :-) :-)

Very nice! It doesn't look like braille on close ups. Goodluck on the Nationals and bring home the bacon!!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 06:24 AM UTC
Hey Red- Ibet It's waaayyy to late for me to point this out, & I'm really NOT trying to be a critic, but since you mentioned this is for the nationals...
I think the the dio, vehicles, & Figs (especially) are fantastic. More detail than you usually see in even a 1:35 layout. Only one thing bugs me- with all that detail, your jerrycans look like, well, little lumps of plastic. I realize they're made that way, & being about 1/4 inch high it doesn't leave you much room to tweak 'em. Don't know if you have the time or inclination, but it would defintely take this one over the top if you had the time to replace 'em or scribe the Join line & reinforcing pattern into 'em.
Better than anything I could do, just thought you might like the heads up. Knock 'em Dead!
Rob
RAF-Mad
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 08:04 AM UTC
there are alot of models in 1/72 that come with some better looking jerry cans that have most of the detail on them.

Once again nice dio #:-)

P.S where did you order your figs from? I have been wanting to buy preiser figs for a while.
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 359 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 09:05 AM UTC
Red4, Are the Preiser figs hard plastic? what kind of paints did you use?

anyways..That is a really nice model! I really like the guy thats laying down!
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 12:55 PM UTC
Thanks for all of the heads up on the various things throughout the dio. I built a nice jerry can complete with bevels and the prominant seam. I couldnt get it to cast worth a damn though and I wouldn't have had enough time to build three more before I leave for pheonix. I had some on order from Squadron, but they still havent arrived as yet, so I'll guess I'll have to see what happens with the ones I've got.

The Preiser figures are a hard plastic, the same as what the models are made from. They are excellent figures. I primed them with Modelmaster light grey enamel. The uniform colors are Vallejo acrylics with washes done in Windsor and Newton oils. I drybrushed with Titanium White to bring out the highlights. Thanks again for all of the kind words. Hopefully I'll see some of you in Pheonix!! "Q"
 _GOTOTOP