Hosted by Darren Baker
Crew for Revelle Bradley?
chuckster
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 02:13 PM UTC
I just purchased a 1/72 Revelle M2/M3 Bradley IFV. I want to do the KFOR version. The kit has no crew figures and only one hatch that can be built in open position. I want to get out my exacto knives and some body putty and alter all three hatches to be in the open position. Also, I would like to scrape off some molded on detail parts (picks, shovels etc.) and put on better detail parts. Then I want to add some crew figures. Three questions:

1) Who makes good 1/72 modern American IFV crew figures?

2) Has anybody else had any luck altering a 1/72 kit to feature open hatches?

3) Who makes good detail parts for a Bradley?

I intended to use this vehicle in a diorama. If I have any luck, I will try to post some pics.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 03:00 PM UTC
Hi
I've got an answer for questions #1 and #3 (not too bad ) :
Preiser has released a 1:72 scale set of modern US tankers (#PR72524), you can find them here :
http://www.preiser.co.uk

PART has released a "substantial" PE set for Revell Bradley (#P72-088) : not for ham-fisted modellers *
* this could apply to me, this is why I can't help you with question #2 !

HTH
Frenchy
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:26 PM UTC
Thanks Frenchy for posting this. Know the question is, WHERE IN THE USA CAN I GET THESE PRIESER FIGURE SET???????? I have pretty much all the USA Dragon Modern kits and they definately need figures. I got the two Modern Infantry sets and they are great.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:35 PM UTC
In addition to the Part PE set (I have a couple myself) which is number P72-088, Verlinden makes a stowage set geared towards the Revell Bradley. It is set #1887 and I have a couple of sets as well.

I found a Legends M2 Bradley set (for Revell M2A2) that includes the CIP panels and the side stowage rack. It is set #LF7203 and runs about $9. I wish I had spent my money on this set vs. the Verlinden set, but the Verlinden set contains much more stowage items for almost any 1/72 scale modern armor. The Legends set is basically geared towards one Revell Bradley used in OIF. I will grab one eventually since I have a third Revell Bradley in the pile.

Archer also makes 1/72 scale OIF Abrams decals. The Army ones could be used on the Bradleys to vary your bumper markings.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:02 PM UTC
Try Walthers Model RR

They do Model RR stuff...... i believe they carry Priser
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:45 AM UTC
Thanks Matt,
Just checked them and they are reserving them. I will keep checking back and order them later.
 _GOTOTOP