_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya sherman
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:03 AM UTC
Should be getting a my new 1/16 rc sherman next week.is there any aftermarket stuff for them that i can buy?
Armorlover
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:26 AM UTC
You should go to www.backyardarmor.com , they have a Easy Eight conversion that is very popular and well made...great price too!!

Thanks!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 01:40 AM UTC
The Tamiya 1/16 R/C Sherman is already an Easy Eight tank. Do you mean making it into a regular gun tank as opposed to the kit's howitzer tank?
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 05:08 PM UTC
Sorry Sabot, I have to disagree.

The Tamiya 1/16 Sherman may be HVSS, but it is a 105mm howitzer in an M4 hull. The "Easy Eight" as most commonly referenced was an M4A3 hull w/ HVSS suspension, and carried a T23 turret w/ 76mm gun. The 'Easy Eight" nickname came from the M4A3E8 designation of the prototype test unit. (this was discussed over on the Yahoo G104 Sherman group)

There were two turrets that were referred to as T23 turrets (from soon-to-be Pershing project) but the one with the round/split loader's hatch (ex-commander's hatch) was properly from the T20 prototype, and the one with the oval from the T23 prototype.

The BYA kit has been well reviewed, and provides most of what you will need, but you will need some parts from the Tamiya turret, so don't assemble it! The kit also provides the A3 type engine deck with PE for the grilles, and exhaust deflector assembly for the rear.

You have more questions, ask away!

WhiteWolf
 _GOTOTOP