Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell 1/72nd M60-a3 Inbox Review
WAR-TOOL
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 07:21 AM UTC
HI guys, i just got the new Revell of Germany M60-a3 today. Im posting an in box review of the kit. So here it goes.

When i first opened the box i noticed that the lower hull was cast as one piece, which is a great improvement over most revell kits that have a 3 piece lower hull. All details on the tank are very finely molded, and look superb. The only gripe i have on this kit has to do with the placement of the track guide teeth, they as you will see in the pictures, are centered in the middle of the track pad, instead of being between the pads as they should be.
The kit comes with 3 marking options, one for an Egyptian tactical exersice "bright star" in 1999, another for Griechland in 2001, and another for The US Army CMTC hohenfels 1995.

All in all i find this to be one of the best Revell of Germany kit i have ever seen, and i hope that there are more high quality kist comming for us in the near future.

Here are the Pictures

Iron-Fist
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 101 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 09:12 AM UTC
Woah yeah! That does look like another great revell kit! I can't wait until I get mine. Thanks for posting the sprue pics.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 09:24 AM UTC
I did a quicklook on this kit about two weeks ago. For some reason, a fellow Braille scale modeler at one of my local hobby shops (Larry of Hobby Emporium in Tyngsburo, Mass.) insists that this kit is a reboxed Esci M60A3.

Now I had to double check my stash of Esci M60 and M48 tanks, and it is definitely an entirely new kit. Even the hulls have different configurations and the upper hull have different items molded on vs. glue on. Makes me lose faith in what he has to say about these kits. I usually considered Larry a good source of Braille scale information.
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:04 PM UTC
Dang,

Looks like something else I'll have to get., especially 1/72. I think I can occasionally finish one of those :-)

It can go with my small scale Bradley, Warrior, Abrams...
clausen
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
KitMaker: 449 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:55 PM UTC
Well, I have been working on this kit for three weeks or so, and it sure is great!!! Great detail and perfect fit!

I'm currently at the weathering stage...

Bjoern
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 359 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 08:58 AM UTC
If you can, show us a pic when it's completed..

I gotta get me one of those!

_GOTOTOP