_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Information on book on T-34
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 06:24 AM UTC
Hi, I see that Air Connection is going to have a book out before too long called "T-34 Mythical Weapon" by Rober Nichulec. I get the idea that this book may already be out, but just that it isn't in English, and that the English edition is what Air Connection is going to be selling. And from the advertisement, it sounds like it is some kind of a book on this particular AFV.

Has anybody out there seen this book and if so, what do you think about it and is is worth what they want for it. I think it's around $75, pre-ordered? And has anybody else out there odered one yet?

Thanks in advance and take care, Sgirty
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 09:21 PM UTC
It looks from the advert that the book is an expanded version of Michulec's 'T-34 mityczna bron' which came out earlier this year.

I've got a copy of the Polish version (which cost me GB£20 from Barbarossa Books) and it definitely doesn't have any scale drawings in it. Otherwise it's a very good collection of T-34 photographs (mostly -76 gunned). The text is entirely in Polish, which I am puzzling through with the aid of another Polish-English book to give me some idea of the vocabulary. So the idea of an English text version is encouraging.

I'll see how much the English version is going for before taking the plunge - though I'll probably buy it in the end.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hi Darder: Thanks for the infor there. I went ahead and put my name on the list today. The man said that it would be out sometime this year, but I'd have to say that if we hear from them by Xmas we'll be lucky. Just my feeling here. It's $75 in the states of you have your name in on it before the get any in, otherwise it's $85.

Thanks and take care, Sgirty
 _GOTOTOP