_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
ambush dio update 3
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 08:30 AM UTC
here are some pics of my dio in progress, now currently after putting down the rubble. all i have left is the 2nd floor, the roadblock, and finishing touches. i would love any comments/ feedback.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 08:33 AM UTC
That road looks awesome. Reminds me of the last city in SPR
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
justin lookin pretty sweet keep up the good work man thanks for sharing johnnyboy
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 533 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
i love the rubble

that motorcycle is a nice touch to the dio

great job!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 02:25 AM UTC
Nice little Dio you've got there ..I like the composition and the way you placed everything on an angle. A few things I noticed ...I would add more brick shaped debris to your pile ...right now it looks a bit more like a pile of rocks ..add a few recognizable things to the pile ..(some pipe , some glass...maybe a gutter or street lamp... you know what I mean) Second I don't think any tank commander would drive down a street with his hatch wide open ...Kinda not very smart .. third there should be some infantry at least covering the tank..forth maybe add a half broken window frame with some broken glass just to make a difference.... And last there are a few mistakes you made on the tank ...the M4A3 (w) did not have the Armor plates on the sides of the hull...when this hull was introduced the wet stowage of the ammo was added ..so no plates.. Also you forgot the machine gun in the mantlet.
These are all tips to help make the dio a bit better but as is looks great already ... Keep up the good work.

Rick

kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 05:14 AM UTC
Justin:

I like the design of your dio and also your figures. My only comment would be to make your Sherman a bit dustier as, IMHO, moving through this rubble filled town, it would get quite dirty.

Keith
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
thanks for the replies. bus, the figures will probably get moved around to suit the scene best, the positions shown are only tentative. thebear, there is going to be a US infantryman, but was not featured here because he must be glued on the base, which i will do last. also, the hatch is opened because the commander was going to get out to clear the yet to be roadblock along with the infantry. the germans however ambush them before that happens, which right now is when the first shots are fired. as for the tank, i built that a few years back when i had no modeling skills, and it was a mess. i did my best to clean it up and repair it, (the headlamp guards are scratch built along with some other riggings and antenna) so i apologize about the inaccuracy. tigeriv, i just finished a figure with a panzerfaust to put in there, good suggestion. thanks again for all your feedback!
 _GOTOTOP