_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Fill me in on Italeri Kubelwagon.
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC
Anyone build the Itaeri Kubel, If so throw me a bone before i start, Its the first italeri kit i ever bought i was kind of skeptical, But anyone who built this machine , let me know before i jump into it
Thanks,
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:51 AM UTC
Sully,

I built one years ago. As far as I recall it went together with no problems. At that time it was the best one around, but I guess its been superceded by the DML and updated Tamiya kits.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hi!
I do agree with the post above.
I made some Italeri Kubels once in a while, and they come together smooth, no problems. And its very detailed, but since the arrival of the new Tamiya Kubels, I think the last ones are the better models of Kubels available, but the Italeri offers a good cost-benefit range.
Enjoy the model, it worth your work!
Cheers
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 07:04 AM UTC
I built one back in the day. I was better than the old Tamiya one. I haven't seen the new Tamiya one, but I bet that one is better.
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 07:46 AM UTC
I have another question for you guys then
I bought the maintenence Setup By Tamiya Without checking if it was compatible DOH!!
I figured Its a kubel so it must fit right?
dencoarty12
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 42 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 10:33 AM UTC
I recently built the "New" Tamiya based on the opinion expressed in Military Miniatures in Review Modeler's Special Edition Guide to the Kubelwagen. See recon photos-Armor-New Photos. The author, Joe Porter, wrote that the kit is some 30 years old and that Tamiya and Dragon have surpassed the Italeri kit in both accuracy and molding technology. I've also built a couple of Italeri's Dodge kits and those sessions kind of scared me away. Joe does use the Italeri kit for some of the projects in the book, so it must be a serviceable kit. As for fitting the maintainence kit, anything is possible. The only limits are one's own threshold of aggravation. There are plenty of rsin and PE set to improve the details of your model. The main thing is to have a good time. Scott

Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:17 AM UTC
Thanks scott, your right.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 09:28 AM UTC
it is a good kit, BUT..... you need to add exhaust mufflers and pipes, because it has none. it is a retread of the old Heller kubelwagen kit
PfcGreen
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 103 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2002 - 09:34 AM UTC
If you've got the money, Tamiya makes two 1/16th scale Kubels a European theater version and an Afrika Korp version I buit the Afrika one, its a great kit. The Afrika Korp version comes with a driver and Rommel....only drawback is its about $80.00
 _GOTOTOP