Winter dio in progress: T-34/76 Mod. 1941
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 02:49 AM UTC
Heez,

I'm starting my first winter dio and this is what it looks sofar. I need to add some small vegetation and after that I will try to make some snow on the dio Comments and tips are always very welcome

Jurjen
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 03:49 AM UTC
Nice, I like that the tank broke a couple of the trees. how come there isn't much mud in the tracks? if it's snowing then there is mud
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 01:01 PM UTC
Hi Dragonslain,

If I leave the dio like this I suppose you're right. But I added some vegetation and the mud will be brought to a minimum after the aplication of snow (dry snow). I suppose

I need to remove some vegetation because it is late winter. I added so much because not all the moss would stick to the ground and some parts do. Now I can remove the not-glued parts (ooooh my english is horrible )

Those dead trees I don't know what to do with them. Shall I apply some foliage or shall I leave it like this?

Thanks for reading and here are some pics

Jurjen
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 09:55 PM UTC
I thought I posted this replie earlier but after the data losses I'm not for sure. So this is my dio so far. I was suggested to make the path behind the tracks muddy so I 'll do that later. Enjoy the pics

Jurjen
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 11:27 PM UTC
Here is the finished dio. The tracks behind the tank were the last things that I added.

Thanks for viewing
bodymovin
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:14 AM UTC
looking good...i was a little sceptical in the pre snow phase, but it looks pretty good. a few suggestions would be to darken the mud behind the tracks bc/ its wet. also maybe add some snow the the cracks of the tank...just to simulate accumalated snow-fall.
cheers
ian
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:26 AM UTC
the snow looks convincing, you have done a good job with that. i would agree with bodymovin on the color of the tracks. one other thing is figures! i dont know if you are going to add any, but in my opinion, no dio should be without them. maybe add some tank riders or some advancing infantry. your dio will be fine without any, but currently it looks a bit lonely. some figures would add life. just my 2 cents. good work.
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
I had written like a whole page on your dio before the data loss, and it is now......lost!!! but I see you didn't need any of it as it came out good
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:28 PM UTC
Thanks guys

Specially for Meissen I bought Dragon's tankriders . I never tried to paint figures seriously but now I have to. It's a very good idea to add some more snow to the tracks, thanks
 _GOTOTOP