_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
"Ambush Amidst the Rubble" completed dio
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:09 AM UTC
i think im finally finished with this one. as a sherman and soldier roll through the streets, they come upon an abandoned motorcycle. this piqueing their interest, they assume the coast is clear and go souvenir hunting. just as the soldier makes his way to the motorbike and the sherman crew opens the hatch to get out, a few germans lying in wait open fire and ambush them. this is the moment i captured. i will probably take more pics in natural light but here are the flourescent ones. there's plenty more in my gallery. i'd love to hear what you all think!

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:20 AM UTC
Overall it looks a great dio. Nice rubble and plenty of it! Good action and all looks so well weathered, except for the sherman.The lower hull and running gear are almost showroom clean! It doesnt look part of the scene. Also if one stopped to look at something, you wouldnt drive almost on top of it. The bike seems to be almost under the sherman. The figure just been shot really adds to the scene and tells the story. 2 small nit-picks but still a great dio. Your figure painting is very impressive. Its great to see them in dios.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 01:36 AM UTC
Meissen

I like the dio. The story is well thought out. The poses of the figures are great. I would second what Plasticbattle says about weathering the tank. If I could add a couple of thoughts on small things. First I would add some more extra gear on the Sherman. Keep in mind that the a tank has a crew of four to five guys. with very little room inside everything they need / want to have with them is stored on the outside. Bedrolls, rations, extra gear etc all needs a home. Lastly, the stuff needs to be secured. You don't want dinner a.k.a {10 in 1s ] flying off during a fight. One last thought, if this crew are souvenir hunters why not put some other souvenirs from earler hunts on the tank.
These are really just small things. The dio is very well done. along with the figures, the building, and the rubble are all very well done.

. Sorry for being a little long winded, waaaaay to much coffee this morning

Wolfsix
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 318 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 06:00 AM UTC
Overall, nice work, but I have to agree that the Sherman needs more gear/weathering. Also, unless I missed something, where is the crewman opening the hatch?

Art
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 02:30 PM UTC
Justin, I love it!!! You really do make outstanding figures What figures are these? The building and rubble are also great as for nit pics I wont mention any as the others have covered it well. Cheers Kevin
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 06:47 PM UTC
I agree with every one the first picture impressed me i love it thepaint job ,rublle the hole thing but as i read this

Quoted Text

Overall, nice work, but I have to agree that the Sherman needs more gear/weathering. Also, unless I missed something, where is the crewman opening the hatch?

Art

this also is true i first thought the tank is abandonded and used as lokas ( let the enemy think every thing is OK here )

husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 09:14 PM UTC
Ciao meissen,
I have to say that this is really one of the better dios that I have seen in a while!! I love the action and like everyone else has said, your figure painting skills are really great!! My compliments on the entire scene. Magnificent!!
Ciao for now
Rob
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:40 PM UTC
Justin

The first pic is pretty impressive. This pic shows the detailing you have done adding authenticity to the scene, i.e. the bullet pock marked walls, the rubble on the floor and window sills, the extra grenade on the floor, the small table, and of course the natural pose of the figs. The figs are very well painted also.

The exterior building wall is well done, and the falling figure connects the scene to the hidden Germans.

Overall a fine dio concept.

Steve

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 11:26 PM UTC
hi Meissen,
the diobase,building and figures are very very good. i like the posing and painting of german figures sı much.IMHO the sherman could be weathered more.. very nice overall.congrats
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 08:46 AM UTC
thanks for the replies. kevin, the figs are all dragon with the exception of the US soldier who is tamiya. i didnt have a tank crewman since this sherman was a rehash of an old kit i did a few years back, so that explains the absence of that, i guess use your imagination of what happened. maybe he got so spooked he forgot to close the hatch. as i review the pics, the sherman does look too clean, i think i will give it some pastels.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 09:48 AM UTC
Looks Awsome mate!!!! keep up the nice work! i have to say liek plasticbattle, your figure painting is very impressing. i especialy like the ruble and the house wall, it looks so real!

Built soem more awsome dio's!

Frank
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 09:51 AM UTC
Looks Awsome mate!!!! keep up the nice work! i have to say liek plasticbattle, your figure painting is very impressing. i especialy like the ruble and the house wall, it looks so real!

Built soem more awsome dio's!

Frank
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 07:22 PM UTC
Looks great Justin, i really like it, excellent job!
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 01:39 AM UTC
Hi mate, great dio there. I think the building ruin is very good, was this scratch built or it a kit. I have two comments on your dio. The first is a question the shot American does not appear to have a rifle or is it just somewhere we can't see. The second kind of relates to the first. The idea is that he is doing some souvenir hunting, if he doesn't have a rifle yet maybe have it resting against the bike and perhaps some german prize falling from his hand to emphasize on story.
regards robbo
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
remearmr, the building was scratch built. good point about the rifle. i was thinkin since he thought all was well he didnt need one, but i think one on the tank would fit nicely along with some souveniers.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 02:39 PM UTC
Hello there Meissen. U have done a nice work in the dio. I like groundwork and building and figures. The scene is tight well with that lil comments that other guys but i think that this is a nice dio that would stand proudly anywhere . Bravo

Costas
 _GOTOTOP