_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Big project
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 336 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 05:19 AM UTC

Hi all

Whlie i am waiting i have been useing my time to decide on my next project and to mark my return to modling.
I have pretty well decided on what i want to do , i intend to do a diorama depicting a landing during the Pacific War.
I have looked at countless pics read books and what becomes apparent is the confussion desperation and mayhem that ensued at the begining of the landings kit people bodies vehicles.
This is what i want to create, iam not sure which landing to use,Iwo Jima or Tarawa both are so different in terrain one no cover black volcanic sand no wher to hide, the other beach palm trees as deadly but in a different way.
I intend to use up to 50 figures LCTS and a Landing Craft but i want to make it very close as i have seen from pics .It is going to be quite an undertaking burut i want each figure to tell a story in its own right and the setting of the landing being the vehicle in which to do this.

Your comments and ideas would be much appriciated as my planing goes ahead ,i have located figs and vehicles to use but again ideas would be great.

Cheers Chris tango 20
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 05:52 AM UTC
hey tango, sounds like quite the diorama. whose figs and landing craft are you going to use? good luck with this, sounds like it will turn out to be very impressive.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
Sound huge, good luck.
 _GOTOTOP