_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Opel Maultier dios (in progress)
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
hi folks

this is my plan for my dio, nothing fancy, i just want to put grass as many as i can, so far i've done this :

as you can see the grass still long, i will cut it after i pour the plaster
and im just wondering what do you uslually do when you want to put some more grass after you pour a plaster ? do you make another holes ? or ant technique that can make it better?
comments are always welcome, thks guys
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC
Ciao Ricky,
I like it so far, but your pictures come out like mine. Poor and out of focus. :-) Hey, we're modelers, not photographers. I like your dio and the vegetation looks really great. You can buy the grass that your sprinkle on (static grass, I think, because the static makes it stand on end.) I don't care for it. The easiest is to buy cheap paint brushes with the horse hair bristles and just drill holes and insert. Then you can trim and paint as you wish. I bet it will look great!!
Ciao for now
Rob
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 03:36 PM UTC
After pouring the plaster you can easily add some grass. If you want some long grass drill some holes and glue your grass look like thing in the hole using white glue. If you need some short grass it's easier, add some static grass.
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC
achtung, looks like a nice dio so far. for grass, i usually make a mix of the static grass and the turf grass. that usually yields satisfactory results for me. i like that vegetation a lot! what do you use?
 _GOTOTOP