Hosted by Darren Baker
Grandt line windows
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hey guys, i know some of you use grandt line windows for your buildings and was wondering since there is not a spacific 1/35 scale in there product line, which scale that they have would be correct for 1/35 scale? Thanks a million!
PeaceMaker
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 03:34 AM UTC
I haven't used them personally, but I remember Keith Magee using them in his feature 'Building a Diorama from Scratch' .
Looks like he used 1/48.
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 03:24 AM UTC
Cool thanks, thats what i needed to know!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC
1/48, or 'O' scale is the closest to 1/35. You will have to pick and choose which windows will look acceptable for use in a larger scale. Some will look obviously too small. In a ruined building it is possible to use only part of the window as if half of it was blown away. That way the size of the window can only be guessed at and will not appear under-scale. Unfortunately the same technique will not work with doors. O scale doors will always be either too short or too narrow.
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 08:39 PM UTC
Remember that windows come in all sizes. So, get to a place where the dimensions are given and decide if thats what you want. I found one at Walthers railroad web site and printed it for reference. I think it had pictures of the windows as well.
Generally, I use "O" scale as well, but sometimes other scales and even dollhouse 1" = 12" works.
I even found columns for buildings at cake accessories stores that are visually correct and inexpensive.
Also, some "O" scale and "G" scale Plastruct formed sheets can be used for roofs, streets, etc. as they "look" just right. And I've found that scrapbook stores have so many papers that many are suitable for 1/35th scale wallpaper without looking like the same wallpaper that everyone buys from the same places.

Sealhead
 _GOTOTOP