_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Member Bio Idea
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 03:12 AM UTC
I was thinking like once a month why couldnt the site focus on one person, just for fun. No awards or anything. It would tell you a little more about them, and how they started and what they like to do.

Also, it would get all the members to be a little more interacted with the progress of the site. And it would also allow members to know a little bit more about their buddies.

Just a thought.

~Chip
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 03:43 AM UTC
I think that is a great idea Chip. Will need more people on board though to get it to happen.

Cheers
HastyP
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 06:00 AM UTC
I would read that every month, how about once a week, most of us log on at least once every week and I for one would love to know more of the people I admire so much!

Cuhail
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 09:52 AM UTC
Um, don't we basically do that when we chose a user of the month? The UOM winner has his bio posted for all to see (if they submit the info to Staff_Jim). Go to the homepage and click on the User of the Month link. The latest awardee's bio (jimbrae) will appear with a snap shot.

Might just be recreating the wheel here with this idea. Something like this would just be adding extra work on top of what Staff_Jim already has his hands full doing now.
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:44 AM UTC
Sabot- We could choose the person ourselfs,there´s no need to put Jim worried about it.We post in a simple forum..."Profile of the Week"?? :-)
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 05:25 PM UTC
I don't think it would be that big of deal. I mean we could go down the list and ask people to send us information in a bio type style, and then post it once a week or month. The user of the month person gets an award. This particular person would just get a chance to share a little information about himself and maybe a picture to get better associated with the Armorama community.

If you wanted I could start out, kind of give an idea of what I had in mind. :-)
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 08:26 AM UTC
I like the idea myself, but we have a section for everyone to put a little bio info in the my profile section when you signed on. I always go to this section for every new member to see if they have giving us any info about themselves. But I still would support this idea if it is done in maybe the junk forum or a new forum that Jim would not have to expend a lot of time or effort to set up. We would need a few people to moderate this to keep it in the proper place. I would suggest that it would be a locked down posting where no comments could be added other then the persons bio. This way it would not become a space consuming forum.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:04 PM UTC
Lets get crackin on this thing! It would really be a refreshing thing to add to the site!

~Chip
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 05:37 PM UTC
i think this is a pretty good idea,

to save jim any hassle, why not just use the junk drawer for this?

i can lock the topics for you as mentioned

regards

joe
 _GOTOTOP