_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
First scratchbuilt comment, pt 5.
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 12:39 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Its me again.Below are the new pics of my dio for your usual comments. This time I did not include the figures coz they will be occupying the same positions. I already finished painting the ruins and the inclusion of grass.

Thanks
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 05:07 PM UTC
First of all, hello! i was on vacation so i wasnt online for a bit longer time. I had a little trouble finding your previous articles about this one but at the end i found them, so here are my comments:)

Overall? I LIKE IT!

i only have few suggestions (but hey, thats me )

1)-
the second pic (maybe its just the angle of the photo): the wooden trailor (sorry, my english is a bit short), it looks to me that the tank and must have run over the back-end of the trailor when passing to its current position, if im true u need to move the trailor a bit forward or damage it from the colision (i hope u understand what i wanted to say here )

2)- now for some small suggestions, u dont have to accept them ofc :-)
- the 2 barrels left of the tank, u could knock-down one of them and "spill some oil/gasoline" it would add more damage to the overall look
- the table cover inside the building is white, thats nice, but for me its too white when u include all that damage to the house... few "marks" on it... maybe a part of a brick which ended on it.... maybe you already did that and i just dont see it on the pics

except those details i think you did a wonderfull work there and you have a nice dio for your colection (and i think this one is ready for a competition)

hoping to see more of your future works

cheers
Mirko
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 10:00 PM UTC
Ciao Arvin,
Man, it is really coming along great! You are going to have an award winner here. I have a question for you...This dio is set in Italy, right? You might want to include something on the wall that indicates to a non-modeler/historian that this is set in Italy (if it is.) You might want to contact ex-royal, Kancali or scoccia for something, but I would suggest that use something like this death notice on the wall. They are very stereotypical, and easy to make. If you have ever watched the movie, Godfather II, then you have seen them in several scenes. The photo is of one that I made for my father-in-law, and added to the wall. This is a rather poor example (because they can be very elaborate) but if you need any help or suggestions with the Italian, I can help. Again, just a suggestion.
Ciao for now
Rob
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 09:51 AM UTC
Hi,

Sensei: In the second pic are you refering to the horse cart? If yes, then you are right, I think I should improve on its placement . I added a top view pic below coz you may have other good suggestions...I like your suggestion regarding the barrel and I think I'll add it..BTW, .the table cloth is not yet painted.

The only thing permanent on the dio rigth now are the groundworks and ruins...the tank and other things are not fixed yet...I could still move them around

Rob: Hmmm interesting.....Are you refering to the white poster(?) in the pic? Where are those death notices usually posted? I think I could print them in the same sticker label paper that I used for my daughters pic in the dio....

Thanks for the very good suggestions...
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 10:27 AM UTC
hey warthog, lookin good! that is a very convincing wall and doors. if it were me, i would add some more wall rubbleby the house, now it looks like there is too much wood. just a personal thing though. the grass looks very nice, as does the roof of the house, that looks really great. keep up the good work!
Sensei
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 02:00 PM UTC
Well, im glad i helped a bit to you, yes i was refering to the horse chart and that last pic shows that u do need to move it a bit, not much but...

now, seeing the last pic i must agree with meissen, maybe there is to much wood a nd too litle stone in house ruin, just add few more stone parts...

and poster on the wall would look good! nice idea! especially if u put it ouside of the wall (like somewhere left of the broken gate?).

one more thing (that i think its usefull), is that panther there for a long time? (i mean in the story of your diorama). did he fire much rounds from there? if he did, put some empty ammunition shells arround him.
My guess is that a crew, having sucha good cover and infantry support would surely replace fired sheels immidiately so that they can always withdraw with "full stock" if necessary.

I hope i helped again (hey! u asked for it )

cheers and have fun!
Mirko
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 03:29 PM UTC
Yup, I need to add a few more rubble or reduce the number of wood and roof tiles...good points

The way I envision it the panther was not there for a long time, in fact they did not cause damage/ruin to the house.

The panther is there for some minor repairs, rest and r re-arming -- notice the ammo crate on the cart, it actually contains 3 new panther shells -- just did not show it coz I have not painted it yet. The pic below is how it should look. While they were there they might as well ambush whoever comes around...

Sensei
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 03:51 PM UTC
ahhh, cool, your story is nice, i like it, minor repairs? that gives u plenty of possible ides.... an old (replaced) wheel, maybe a replaced link of tracks? something that will support your story of repairs

anyway, as i said in my first post i think with a little more work u got yourself an award winner for sure! ofc, that understands that u also did a deacent job on the figs too!

cheers
Mirko
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:58 PM UTC
Ciao Warthog,
Yes, I was referring to the white poster. I just made it up on Word and then printed it off. The posters are usually put up on any wall or pole available. Sometimes they are posted several side-by-side.
Ciao for now
Rob
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 - 10:45 PM UTC
Its coming along great and I see you are getting steered in the right direction I think the grass came out very nice and agree about the rubble. I cant wait to see the next stages pics! cheers Kevin
 _GOTOTOP