_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
HUTWARMING FIN(N)ISHED!
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 06:33 AM UTC
You guessed right, the sauna is hot and ready for some serious bathing!
Today I finished the figures and equipment. There was supposed to be a piece of log for making firewood but I kind of ran out of space and didnīt want to put too much stuff in there. Iīll have better pictures in daylight soon, but hereīs some taste of the final composition...
More pics in Envar Dioramas!

Toni
dencoarty12
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 42 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 06:45 AM UTC
Greetings Toni, Great job. I really like the subject. The figures are very effective with the look of sweat on their bodies. The entire composition is art! Bravo! Scott

"The Main Thing is to Have a Good Time"

Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 06:51 AM UTC
Just one word: Jealous #:-) #:-)
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 07:12 AM UTC
Great Job! #:-) Itīs incredible, and Iīm curious to know how did you make the tree, itīs perfect
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 08:11 AM UTC
Wonderfully put together Toni! I simply love it's theme! :-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 08:44 PM UTC
Great Job Toni,so what is the theme here they get all sweaty and run and jump into some COLD water and cool off? I hope you have a shower around for them as I know that first guy is getting ready to hit one how do I know he told me
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 08:52 PM UTC
Awesome Envar!!!!
Whats the next project?
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 09:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great Job Toni,so what is the theme here they get all sweaty and run and jump into some COLD water and cool off?

Answer is no and thatīs the point. These guys actually performed this little happening middle of a training camp, day four I recall. There was no shower available in next three days...The weather was besides +26C, the warmest it gets in the summer in Finland.
These guys "volunteered" to sleep outside the following nights. A few other guys joined them, though as it was still way beyond +45C in the tent in the evening...

Quoted Text

Whats the next project?

The next project will be related to this, showing the 122H63 howitzer in position "meanwhile...". The guy standing in guard by the gun starts getting coordinates for shooting...
He is yelling to the guys at the tent to stop all other activities and get their a*ses down there pronto!
Iīm still not quite sure if I should keep the massive cockade in the base, but I thought it would help to link these two dios if the next one carried one too...

Thanks for the comments guys, Iīm planning to take some jaw-dropping hi-quality pics today when I get home. Maybe write an article as well as there have been some questions about the technical stuff...

Toni
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 02:39 PM UTC
Ok some pics updated!
I also sent an article to Jim so we may see the pics with text as well in the near future!
The new pics, however, are online in pages 4 and 5 in Envar Dioramas! in case you want to spoil your appetite before the article...

Toni
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 280 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 03:57 PM UTC
hi envar! excellent looking dio you got there! everythings great! i really like the way you did the tree looking forward in seeing more of your work!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 07:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Great Job Toni,so what is the theme here they get all sweaty and run and jump into some COLD water and cool off?

Answer is no and thatīs the point. These guys actually performed this little happening middle of a training camp, day four I recall. There was no shower available in next three days...The weather was besides +26C, the warmest it gets in the summer in Finland.
These guys "volunteered" to sleep outside the following nights. A few other guys joined them, though as it was still way beyond +45C in the tent in the evening...

I wonder why they have to sleep outside I would make them sleep outside also
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 07:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder why they have to sleep outside I would make them sleep outside also

Because of the smell. They were sweatty and dirty to begin with but the sauna took it beyond all imagination. #:-)

Toni
 _GOTOTOP