_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Mig's new destroyed T-55 kit.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hi. Was just over on the PMMS site and read the write-up posted there recently about Mig's newest addition to their line of products. The resing kit to make Tamiya's T-55 into a destroyed AFV. Looks really interesting. I do beleive that this would be a very good way for somebody who had never built a 'destroyed' model before to have a little 'control' as to just how much to do to a model to get that 'knocked out' look about it.

Plus it would be an excellent way to get in that much needed practice with adding whatever kind of weathering powders/ pastel finish a person would wish to use to get that 'burned-out' effect as shown in Mig's advertisement of this kit.

Looks like a future project on this end of things. When, who knows! Ha!

Take care, Sgirty
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:42 PM UTC
I've got this conversion at home and the casting is simply perfect. Flawless resin work. Of course what will really bring it to life is the paint work - I expect we'll see an article from Mig on exactly how he went about achieving that burned/rusted effect.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 08:33 AM UTC
Hi, Stormfront: It would be fantastic if Mig would do a step by step article on the painting and weathering of this kit! Ort anybody else for that matter. I'm not picky. Ha, ha! Hope you are right.

Thanks and take care, Sgirty
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 04:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi. Was just over on the PMMS site and read the write-up posted there recently about Mig's newest addition to their line of products. The resing kit to make Tamiya's T-55 into a destroyed AFV.

We've shown this product in a news story a month ago:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/516

Pawel
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 04:51 AM UTC
Hey sgirty. Theres actually a T34 Mig had a while back that is even more damaged. I know how much you like them T34s so maybe you should look into that. The kit isnīt as complete as the T55, more the front end and turret. Worth looking into maybe??
As far as I know, Migs kits come with step by step painting guide included.
 _GOTOTOP