_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
italeri m113 fit problem
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 02:29 AM UTC
Anyone ever have afit problem with the hull roof and engine deck area? I can't seem to get them to sit right and looks like it'll leave a gap or if I can match the top parts together leaves a nasty gap on the front. Im not sure if the front part is a little too wide or a moulding problem
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC
I had the same problem. I had to add a strip of styrene between the front of the hull top and the front glacis. I think it was about an 0.30 strip that I added. Italeri has to be one of the worst M113 kits out there. I won't get another one again. I think the Academy M113 kits are the best.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 03:02 AM UTC
Cheers for the good news Gino I knew it was building to good to be true oh well of to buy some strip tomorrow
Mech
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:04 PM UTC
Hi Davey
I have their M163 Vulcan and the fit was excellent after fitting a few time. By the way Italeri is the only one that has the wheels detailed on both sides.
Cheers
Ralph
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 09:46 PM UTC
A couple of things to note about an Italeri M113 vehicle. The blackout drive marker (part #63)on the left side headlight assembly is molded upside down. That little protruding semi-circular lip should be rotated to the top of the light. It is the light at the lefr right, only one with the protruding "hood". Easy fix would be to cut off the mounting stub, drill a small hole it the other end of the light and add a piece of styrene rod to replicate the mount on the other side.

Also even though the road wheels have detail on both sides, they don't have the correct "dish" to them. They look like a circular lump was added to a flat interior surface. The exterior row of rivets are a little over scale. The left road wheel does not have the rivets, but the right one does. You can barely see them, they are pretty faint. As far as rivet detail on in inner road wheel, it is over scale and you wouldn't notice them one way or another. They don't make up for the poor exterior appearance of the outer road wheels.
 _GOTOTOP