_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Update Redball Express #4
Wezz
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 826 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hi y'all

This is another little update of my first diorama. The figs aren't finished yet (I've trown the heads again in Mr Muscle ) The pants of the fig who's standing needs to be blended. It's a bit too hard.

The grass and the tree needs also be done and around the board there must be sand. So I got a lot of work to. But let me know what you all think of it.

All comment is welcome. Even the negative.

Cheers
Wezz
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hey Wezz looking good. One comment though...isn't the green color of the blouses too green? It seems to be just about as green as the grass. I would definitely tone it down.
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:01 AM UTC
lookin good. i agree with marty about the shirts. that grass is looking great as is the tree. i really like the effect you achieved with the boots, but maybe dirty em up a bit?once finished this will be a very cool and original dio. keep it up
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:13 AM UTC
2nd pic down shows a mold seam in the trousers and the jackets are too green. Apart from that good work
Minuteman
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:29 AM UTC
Wezz,
Just a thought, a vast portion of the actual members of the Red Ball Express were African-American’s they made up the majority of the enlisted longshoremen, and teamsters for the United States Army. The addition of depicted Black Americans would add an element of generally overlooked detail. Just a suggestion.

Jay
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:41 AM UTC
I like it! Lots to see in a small vingette..poses on the two sitting guys are great- cant wait to see the heads. I agree with previous comments on the color of the blouses, but looks as though the dio hasnt been weathered yet..
The grass looks great! Maybe add some color highlights to the tree to break up the eveness.
Any plans to add details to the "sitting area"? It would be great to see some coffee cups, old magazines, ashtrays or cig butts.. Looks good and keep posting
 _GOTOTOP