_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Flowers
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 02:34 AM UTC
Yep you read it, I need to build some flowers in 1/35 scale, any tips for doing this?

I am building a mountain dio (see my website) and it is almost finished but, I find it a little boring.

The main colors are gray/brown and green, so I want to put a dash of color in it by adding some little flowers, but I don't have a clue how to make them.

Ronny #:-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 03:01 AM UTC
Let nature do it for you. I did this in a dio. I went to the craft store and searched through all the different dried flowers and plants. I found one with a small flower like deal. I paid about $3.50 USD for a bunch that will last a looong time.

Now - I did have to paint them, the 'flavor' I found was a dull dried color. I just took out the tamiya paint and added my own yellows and greens and they came out very well.

Babies breath is one kind of very small flower that usually comes with roses. That you can get at a regular florist.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 05:49 AM UTC
I tried the same once. Try plants with small, "hard" flowers, like lavendar type. Some mosses can be used when you dry and paint them, too...
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 06:05 AM UTC
You could always go the PE way. Aber PE makes some pretty nice sets for flowers and vines and such. Check em out here: Airconnection
Click photoetch on the left than Diorama Accessories In 1/35th Scale, scroll down a bit. :-)
 _GOTOTOP