Hosted by Darren Baker
Bought Panzer IV Ausf. H
RAF-Mad
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:15 PM UTC
Hey guys just looking for some help on finding some detailed pic of a Pz IV Ausf. H. I just bought the revell 1:72 kit and 2 PE sets for it. I got the zimmermit and detail sets from PART (from poland), does anyone one know if these are any good? And since this is only my second time using PE parts i will be looking for help, my first attempt ended in wasting a couple of parts and not attaching others .

Oh i already have some pics but iam looking for ones which show details ect.

Thanks in advance, John
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 09:27 PM UTC
Part makes some of the better 1/72 scale PE sets. Don't feel you have to use everything on the fret though. Sometimes the plastic kit part is superior to the flat PE.

Eduard's web site (www.eduard.cz) has a good primer on how to work with PE. Some of the newer Eduard 1/72 scale PE sets are following suit with their 1/35 scale sets and replacing just about everything they can with PE. A lot of times it just isn't necessary.
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Part makes some of the better 1/72 scale PE sets. Don't feel you have to use everything on the fret though. Sometimes the plastic kit part is superior to the flat PE.

This is a very good point. I use quite a lot of PE but I've never used a complete PART set. Usually I only use about half of each set and keep the rest as spares. Some of the items are ridiculous - flat tool and grab handles for example

They're still usually worth buying though, even if only some of the parts are useful.
RAF-Mad
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:55 PM UTC
Thx guys.

It isnt asif they are expensive to guy i got the part sets for $3 and $7 cost more to ship the things :-)
 _GOTOTOP