_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger II number 555
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 12:33 AM UTC
Need some info on a King Tiger number 555 from the 502nd battalion .i have look up and down the internet on this Tiger.i want to know if it had a ambush camo or any other type.or if some one could give me a link to a web site that has such info.cheers and many thanks
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 01:11 AM UTC
Hi Karl ... 555 was the battalion commanders tank of the 502 SS Panzer Abt . From the picture I have of it ,it is hard to tell for sure but it looks like a sprayed on three color camo ,with the ambush scheme . I have a drawing by Jean Restayn and he seems to think it is a hard egde camo ..Up to you to deside.. The numbers are white outline at the top of the turret centered over the balkenkreuz in the middle of the turret.. This was probably a command tank so there would be some changes needed to be done .. You'd need to add the star antenae ,the rest are internal differences ..
If you need any other info ..just ask .. Oh the picture and drawing are in the Tigers in Combat II and the info on the command version was taken from the Panzer Tracts No.6 Schwere Panzerkampfwagen.

Rick
edit .. I forgot to mention that the 502 SS panzer Abt only recieved their KT's in March of 45 so no zimmerit .
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:12 AM UTC
Thanks for your info richard,you should be voted member of the month.when you give advice you sure do give it.cheers
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:48 AM UTC
It's my pleasure ..This is what it's all about helping each other learn more , You gotta love this site!

Rick
 _GOTOTOP