_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Texas Armor Association
Col_Sabot
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 12:59 AM UTC
I wish to announce the formation of a new Armor Website. Our site is geared towards allowing tankers with different armor interests whom may never have come across the other to mix and build new friendships which may never come across the way. Our goal is to allow armor enthusiasts to mix with veterans. In doing so are goal is to promote the preservation of our armor history. Hence our motto: "Promote & Preserve Our Armor History"

Our headquarters is located in the heart of Texas at the historic museum: Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry in Austin Texas. We hold monthly meetings and attend events throughout the State of Texas. Visit our forum on our site to keep informed on our activities. The site has a Texas flare about it along with a strong armor smell! Feel free to stop by and chat. If you like what you see, join us! Key is to have fun and not take life so serious! Your tank is repairable, friendships may not be!

Our site does not intend to compete with this forum or any others. We wish to generate interest in our strong believe in preserving our history through active participation.

The name of our organization is: Texas Armor Association.

From one treadhead to another, have a great day!

Col. Sabot
"Promote & Preserve Our Armor History"
www.texasarmor.com
[email protected]
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 03:51 AM UTC
I'ld love to join your organization, but Austin is a bit of a commute from Dallas. Sounds interesting though
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 04:35 AM UTC
Well, since I work at Camp Mabry at CSMS#2. I guess I should join the club. I will be checking out the sight here shortly!!!!!
Col_Sabot
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 06:07 AM UTC
Howdy all!

Steve, we figured in the travel issue when we where forming our organization. For those who are long distance travelers and can’t attend all the meetings, we decided to use the internet. Currently we have our forum and basic website. Soon we will start using the internet and technology to allow others to join in our meetings from afar. Mainly, we wish to have fun and meet people who share the same interest and experiences (i.e. veterans) We will meet once a month and travel around the state as much as possible. Our current problem is that there is no focal point for armor enthusiasts and veterans to gather. Where we can talk shop and have general fun along promoting the TAFM here at Camp Mabry. This is one reason behind our organaztion. Our internet members can aid by writing articles, taking pictures and generating armor interests in their respective area.

Pete, look forward to see you around! Thank you for your service!

Note on our forum, you will need to register in order to see the complete forum. As a guest you are limited to what you.

_GOTOTOP