Hosted by Darren Baker
does this look right?
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
put on the base coat Tamiya x-62 olive drab not sure if it looks right . I think it might be too green I think the paint may be off as I've had it a few years. would I be better using Humbrol's O/D as a better match for the paint used on Vietnam armour?....over to you

Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 437 posts
Armorama: 292 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:28 AM UTC
I think that it does look a little too green. I have been really happy with Humbrol #155.

Cheers
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:33 AM UTC
Tamiya's olive drab is way too dark, so probably its has been affected in some way , but don't trow it away, it looks like it could make nice paint for Vietnam ere vehicles, it looks like it.
JohanW
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:43 AM UTC
Davy,

honestly, I wouldn't worry at the moment... You can still change the overall appearance by modifying your wash color, or the drybrushing....

Otherwise, I always go by the saying "if you think its right, it is right".. With this I mean, if you think the color is correct, keep it.

No matter what you do, you will never have 2 vehicles with the same color. Use and maintenance of the vehicle, environmental conditions,.. all have effect on the color. There can even be a difference between 2 production runs of a paint color..

I was in the maintenance facility of the Belgian Army Museum last year, they had some russian vehicles which should be the same color, but none of them did....

I think it looks good, maybe you could have lightened some areas a little bit more, but may be due to the light doing the pictures injustice...

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 05:18 AM UTC
I agree with Johan, don't scrap it or redo it. You can use a "Filter" (all over wash) of any tone and alter the overall shade if you want. Plus with weathering pastels that will affect it too.
 _GOTOTOP