_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
I Just Bought A New Tank
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 08:58 AM UTC
Hey Folks, Well Guess what ?? I just bought a new Tank, i.e. I just joined the spur of the moment ranks. And here is how it happened. Well I got off work and after stopping off by the house to change
clothes. I headed down to the Local Hobby Shop. i.e. Hobby Maker in Bedford Texas. It seems I need some additional paint for a couple of current projects, And so in the door I went. When Suddenly I spotted this REALLY COOL new Tank sitting on the display rack, Which One You Ask ?? Tamiya's NEW M26 Pershing Medium Tank ( T26E3). So as it just so happens the box was OPEN, SOOO, Yep I took a little peak, And OF COURSE, My Jaw dropped to the floor, While I was drooling, The world around me began to swim, I became light headed, Suddenly, All I could hear was the roar of a Deisel Engine and the sound of Cannon Fire..........Well Actually nothing so dramatic, BUT my heart did skip a beat as I was totally amazed at what I was looking at. SO right away I decided that I HAD TO HAVE IT. My Wife started to laugh and said, "Well Go Ahead" if you really want it, Still laughing lightly. So then I remembered what I came there for, Went and picked out the paints that I needed, AND Of Course, Went and picked out the M-26 from it's place on the shelve, And I went home a happy Boy, Knowing which club I had just joined. And thats my story..... Anyone else have this happen to them lately.

DAGGER-1
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 09:09 AM UTC
Is'nt it great when an unplanned plan comes together?!! :-)
Been there quite a few times too Dagger-1
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 09:55 AM UTC
You had me excited there Dagger!
"Wow, Dagger bought a real tank ????"
But no... It is Tamiya's M26. Which I hear is an awesome kit!
Maybe I'll get it when my Bulldog is done...

YodaMan
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 10:07 AM UTC
Dagger-1, how much does it cost? Is it the one 1:16 scale? Is the price included everything? the remote control and the batteries?
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 10:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I Knowing which club I had just joined. And thats my story..... Anyone else have this appen to them lately.

DAGGER-1

About once a week, and I'm due for it tohappen this weekend. Welcome to the club.
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 12:26 PM UTC
Hey Dagger,
I went to my club meeting tonight (Thrusday), and was handed a "Yellow Bag" from the Nationals in VA Beach. One of the guys' wives had bought a raffle ticket on my behave and it won one of the yellow bags. When I opened the bag I was very, very surprised!!!! It seems that I won one of these M26 Pershing tanks..... That is what was in that bag..... :-) :-) All I had to do was pay back the cost of the raffle ticket...a whole dollar.... I can't wait to open it up and start working on it, but it will be a while before I start it.
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 02:31 PM UTC
I must say be very carfull, for the club you have joined is very dangerus,. . . .example. . . I am now working on 1. .2 . .3. . 4. .5. . . . . . . 6. . . 6 diferent projects. every single time I walk into the store I must buy at least one thing , even if it's small like a kubel, I must buy something. I guess when there all done (which at the rate i'm going , iy'll probly bee next year) ni'll have a pretty extensive collection. but guess what else. . . . .I am NEVER board . So welcom to the club my freind
AutoFix
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 02:55 PM UTC
I know how you feel my local hobby shop had a halfprice sell not to long ago and I bought 8 Tamiya models for under 75 dollars. It was one of my best buys ever. They have recently restocked and I'm due for another buy soon!
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 03:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I must say be very carfull, for the club you have joined is very dangerus,. . . .example. . . I am now working on 1. .2 . .3. . 4. .5. . . . . . . 6. . . 6 diferent projects. every single time I walk into the store I must buy at least one thing , even if it's small like a kubel, I must buy something. I guess when there all done (which at the rate i'm going , iy'll probly bee next year) ni'll have a pretty extensive collection. but guess what else. . . . .I am NEVER board . So welcom to the club my freind

I can totally relate, there is a hobby shop I frequent, and I must buy something everytime I go there. And I MUST go there at least 2 times a week. You do the Math.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 06:58 PM UTC
Yes the buying is half the fun. And congrats on that Pershing Dagger 1. I know the feeling saw this in another hobby shop I visit. Great looking model. But alas not for me I have allreaday picked up the Dragon one. Looks good in it's own right. Have the Sgt York on hold for me. Well enjoy this blissfull moment on the Pershing Dagger-1
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 07:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Dagger,
I went to my club meeting tonight (Thrusday), and was handed a "Yellow Bag" from the Nationals in VA Beach. One of the guys' wives had bought a raffle ticket on my behave and it won one of the yellow bags. When I opened the bag I was very, very surprised!!!! It seems that I won one of these M26 Pershing tanks..... That is what was in that bag..... :-) :-) All I had to do was pay back the cost of the raffle ticket...a whole dollar.... I can't wait to open it up and start working on it, but it will be a while before I start it.

Let me know if you really don't want it. I have plenty of aircraft that needs a good home. Now where's that AM B-25?....
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 08:16 PM UTC
:-) HI Guys And Gals Thanks, Sorry Octopus, The kit is a 35 scale. No Remotes , Just plain static display. COngrads Penny, I know what you mean. I'm pretty excited about this kit too. BUT... Must... Stay...Focused..!! I have to finish up my TFT model, And the Fw-190/F-8 and then My Two WW-2 German Tanks, And THEN most likely I will begin work on this kit. BUT I also have plans for some other additional Armor KIts . So their is quiet alot still to do..

Dagger-1
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 10:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hey Dagger,

Let me know if you really don't want it. I have plenty of aircraft that needs a good home. Now where's that AM B-25?....

If you're serious Sabot - I've already got two Tamiya 1:35 Pershings through my connections. I'd swap you one Pershing straight-up for the AM B25 Mitchell. Let me know...

Gunnie
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 01:49 AM UTC
Sorry Rob,
I think I'll keep this one and build it for my IPMS club's armor build next year.....
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 09:32 PM UTC
dagger1 I do know that feeling A few months back I went to a Hobby Town USA in Salt Lake City Ut to get a few bottles of paint Well I also walked out of there with 2 DML kits The M26A1 Pershing and the M4A3E8 Sherman Penny congrats on your winning the kit I wish I had that kind of luck
Chad #:-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 09:44 PM UTC
Thanks ZOD: Penny is the one who won the kit. I was like you, Went to buy paint and ended up with both paint and new kit. LOL so either way it was a good trip to the store.

DAGGER-1
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2002 - 10:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

If you're serious Sabot - I've already got two Tamiya 1:35 Pershings through my connections. I'd swap you one Pershing straight-up for the AM B25 Mitchell. Let me know...

Gunnie

Sure thing, see my PM to you.
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Here is the M26 Pershing by Valentin E. Bueno
http://features02.kitparade.com/m26vb_1.htm
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 12:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Folks, Well Guess what ?? I just bought a new Tank, i.e. I just joined the spur of the moment ranks. And here is how it happened. Well I got off work and after stopping off by the house to change
clothes. I headed down to the Local Hobby Shop. i.e. Hobby Maker in Bedford Texas. It seems I need some additional paint for a couple of current projects, And so in the door I went. When Suddenly I spotted this REALLY COOL new Tank sitting on the display rack, Which One You Ask ?? Tamiya's NEW M26 Pershing Medium Tank ( T26E3). So as it just so happens the box was OPEN, SOOO, Yep I took a little peak, And OF COURSE, My Jaw dropped to the floor, While I was drooling, The world around me began to swim, I became light headed, Suddenly, All I could hear was the roar of a Deisel Engine and the sound of Cannon Fire..........Well Actually nothing so dramatic, BUT my heart did skip a beat as I was totally amazed at what I was looking at. SO right away I decided that I HAD TO HAVE IT. My Wife started to laugh and said, "Well Go Ahead" if you really want it, Still laughing lightly. So then I remembered what I came there for, Went and picked out the paints that I needed, AND Of Course, Went and picked out the M-26 from it's place on the shelve, And I went home a happy Boy, Knowing which club I had just joined. And thats my story..... Anyone else have this happen to them lately.

DAGGER-1

Is this a great country or what! Kudos to your Wife. She must be a wonderful person to "allow" you to purchase such a fine vehicle.
Good luck.
DJ
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:15 AM UTC
thanks D.J.. Yeah I REALLY think that she is great that way. He-He-He.
Am looking forward to getting into the kit. BUT Must stay on track.

DAGGER-1
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 10:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys,

Here is the M26 Pershing by Valentin E. Bueno
http://features02.kitparade.com/m26vb_1.htm

Thanks for posting the link. I looked for the kit this weekend to no avail. So I bought a couple of other kits. I really enjoyed the review. Thanks again.
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 11:39 AM UTC
Another comparison between DML and Tamiya M26 Pershing: http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~TANK-GUY/kit-rev/KIT-REVIEW08.html
 _GOTOTOP