_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tankworkshop Interior
beepboop
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 10:37 PM UTC
Hi

I was looking at a Tank Workshop product, the Partial Interior for Tamiya Tiger I. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit, and whether you think it's worth the money.

Cheers.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 10:39 PM UTC
I was wondering about these partial interiors myself.
yazal
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 11:25 PM UTC
This question came up about Tanworkshop interiors in another forum. Most comments were suggesting that, their interior sets were mainly suitable for what would be seen through the open hatches. So I suggest if you are planning to display your model as a cutaway, see the kit before you purchase!

Happy modeling...
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 11:33 PM UTC
I done the partial one for my S33, it's alright, nothing special, and the instruction is really really not clear.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 11:45 PM UTC
I'll echo that. The Panther partial interior is very nicely molded and quite accurate, from what I can tell.

But the re-re-re copies of the instructions, and the inclusion of the instructions for the full interior set (there are not seperate instructions for the partial Panther, dunno about the tiger) made for "what goes where?" and "do I even HAVE that part?" construction issues.

Mike

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 01:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll echo that. The Panther partial interior is very nicely molded and quite accurate, from what I can tell.

But the re-re-re copies of the instructions, and the inclusion of the instructions for the full interior set (there are not seperate instructions for the partial Panther, dunno about the tiger) made for "what goes where?" and "do I even HAVE that part?" construction issues.

Mike

Mike, the tiger is the same thing.

80% of my time was wasted trying to figure out if I have this part or that part.
 _GOTOTOP