_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Coffe-jar lid dio :P
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:52 AM UTC
Well, I put aside that Me262 snow dio and started painting this small one...It still needs the 3 german infantry figures I've been painting, weathering the road and some more drybrushing and washing. This has been a very stressless build and I'll keep it this way on my next project with some british or american soldiers..It would be nice to represent the soldiers the german guys are shooting but I still dont have it all figured out...

This way I would like to have some critics from you guys and maybe you could help me finding out a nice scene to depict on my next jar lid dio

cya!!

Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 01:55 AM UTC
nice little dio you got there! 1/72??
Zepeleptic
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 01:56 AM UTC
Very nice man, i love it! You created a great scene without having to use alot of room! cheers!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 02:19 AM UTC
That's really clever

Can you tell us what kits you are using?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 02:33 AM UTC
That is slick use of a coffee jar!! Great idea. Basic simple German MG crew at work
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 02:56 AM UTC
Thanks for the nice comments guys! The kits used are a kettenkrad from the academy ground vehicle set and the heller german infantry set, both in 72 of course. I had both kits laying around and I wanted to do some simple, straight-forward building.Some days ago I found a pic on squadron's german infantry in action and got the kick start...I'll do some more of these cause they are great for using left over figures and stuff...The road still has to be painted and with a couple of raw umber/sienna washes it'l blend

Cya!
Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 01:46 AM UTC
well, I gave it a raw-umber and burnt-sienna wash, then drybrush with some shades of brown and white, finally I sprinkled some pastel chalks...It is still missing something, appart from the firures, and I dont know what...hope you like it and that you tell me some tips on how to improve a bit...

Thanx i advance!

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 01:37 PM UTC
well u have done nicely there. Some more details to fill in and add interest could be:
cut some transparent thin plastic - like from plastic coffe glasses - in random pieces and spread them near window to imply broken glass. Also consider some broken chair if that was a house corner or some fabrique comin out of the debris to imply some curtain.
Use some germans equipment to fill the scene and ure perfect .

Hope i helped some
Costas
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 03:00 PM UTC
I agree with Costas about some broken glass around. I feel a little color in the form of some vegetation would add to this nice scene. Cheers Kevin
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 03:16 PM UTC
sweet when I didn't see the kettenkrad @ first I tought it was 1:35 nice detail. sweeet job, and I aggree with the glass and a little green here and their

Francisco
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 07:44 PM UTC
Great tips! I'll probably scratchbuild a wooden chair and put some bits of transparent plastic here and there! I think the figure will give it a dynamic look. Thanks a lot for your comments guys
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 08:35 PM UTC
If it wasn't for the fact that you said this dio was built in a coffee jar lid, I would have said it was of a larger scale! Amazing! I can't but admire you 1/72 scale guys. I would go blind trying to paint that scale!
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2004 - 07:39 PM UTC
I had to take a second look when I saw the Kettenkraft!!
I think it could use a little color, like a brightly colored scrap of curtain or furniture part or something to draw attention into the scene as the small scale and dark subjects might otherwise loose impact. You wouldn't want this to be overlooked!! I wish my buildings looked that good in 1:35. Shows us all that you can use almost anything in modeling! Must show this to my wife who does not understand why I want to keep empty jars, take-away containers etc. :-)

Don't forget to post the finished pic's

Cheers

Henk
 _GOTOTOP