_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Alan Wespe
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 09:03 PM UTC
Hi all,

Has anyone who has the Alan Wespe done a comparison between it and the Tamiya Wespe? I heard a rumor that is was the same mold...just interested to find out.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 09:59 PM UTC
The Alan Wespe is not a bad kit. Having said that, it definitely is not the Tamiya Wespe. I traded off the Alan Wespe several years ago and had a Tamiya one that I traded off earlier this year.

I still have several Alan kits like the Marder II D, Panzer I Ausf. F and Panzer II Ausf. C. They are fairly decent kits, but definitely not Tamiya quality. They include single link tracks and some of the parts can be rather thick.

The Alan Wespe costs less than half the price of the Tamiya Wespe.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 01:14 AM UTC
As Rob has just stated, they are not the same kit. If you want the cheaper option,the Alan is supposed to be decent but needs quite a bit of work and the detail is still soft.
The tamiya wespe on the other hand might be more expensive but is a beautiful kit straight from the box. Goodfit, good details,etc. It also comes with two very nice figures. See Alastiars latest cold weather figures ... these are the tamiya figures.
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 437 posts
Armorama: 292 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 01:27 AM UTC
I started the Alan Wespe several months ago but now it is sitting on the shelf unfinished. I was disappointed by the detail and poor fit and very soft plastic when compared to Tamiya kits in general.
 _GOTOTOP