_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Techniques
Diorama techniques and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
water
lordQ
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 02:40 AM UTC
hi,

How can i make

this sort of muddy pool and some rice pady's
Does anybody have some tips??
linkname

linkname

cheerz!!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 03:01 AM UTC
Ahh water - lots of ways to do it.
One way is to use the stuff in the feature, just pour it in your water area. Paint the base a dark color, pour. You can also tint this stuff with special tints or use RITT dye. Have to tell you its hard to tint and hard to get a color you will be happy with.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/150
There are other ways to - multiple layers of 'shelac' or Varnish.
There are some true "Water" products made by woodland scenic - skip'em. The early ones aren't that great IMHO.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 01:24 PM UTC
Since this water is not too deep, its easy to do with many ways . Many layers of gloss varnish is one .

There is also a special wood varnish that is for bar beches very resistant, dries hard as iron and can be layed in thickness up to an inch .

Then there is EZ water which is kind a hard to yse since its hot dries too fast and foes a bit yellow with time . no easy to tint also .

Then u go to epoxy resins ( 2 parts) that are by far the best , but are strong chemicals, they have some fumes they need to care when using and theyre some expensive, but u can almost do everything with them.U can insert anything in them to dry with and then it stands secured in the water , from plants to figures or vehicles

i have done some work earlier years with cheap transparent silicone. with some painting comes out nicely

I hope i helped a lil

Costas

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 1,735 posts
Armorama: 586 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 03:14 PM UTC
Hi LordQ,

I hope youv'e managed to sought out your jungle vegetation. As for water, Slodder has given some excellent suggestions and he has a very nice dio with water. There's lot of great ideas too at the water effects section. Plasticbattle has a detailed step by step how to do an excellent shallow water effect. Here's the link:
www.armorama.com/forums/35013&page=1

I've got one that uses glue too based mostly on Plasticbattle's idea.

www.armorama.com/forums/28409&page=1
 _GOTOTOP