_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Cargo Nets
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2004 - 10:05 AM UTC
Hi all

Does anyone how I can make or somthing I can use as a cargo net ? Its going in the back of a DUKW, with a bulk load of ration boxes.

Thanks in advance
Wolfsix
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2004 - 02:58 PM UTC
Hey Harry, for 1/35 scale i like to use masking tape. Roll off a piece and fold it from top to bottom. Then cut in thin strips and super glue, it work out good and the glue holds up well. Sometimes i use tea bag strings. This takes some time tieing up, but i looks good.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 12:09 AM UTC
Check out the July '04 issue of Fine Scale Modeler Magazine. There is an article in it about making a cargo net out of ship rigging string for the back of a DUKW. Looks pretty simple and comes out looking great.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hi guys

Thanks for getting back to me. Gino I just read the article in FSM, and maybe I'm not that bright but it don't sound so simple. I read the part about the net three times and can't figure out how it was done. I'm goig to try posting over on the ship / boat page and see if anyone over there knows of anything easier.
One good thing about the article is I found out about a couple of detail sets I didn't know about [ a couple I wish I had heard about before I started this project] Thanks again guys

Wolfsix
 _GOTOTOP