_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Almost finished sd.kfz.11 & pak.40
warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 05:58 AM UTC
Hi all

Nearly reaching completion of my latest project, the revell sd.kfz.11 & pak.40. The pak.40 was build strait out of the box, just added some handles and a little camouflage netting. For the bike I added breakhandles,added bars to the fenders,drilled open the interiour of the sidecar and added a few crashbars there, and I cut away all the plastic around the engine, and added brakelines etc... That was more fun to do than I first feared, and all went quite well except that finally I had more brakelines firmy attached to my fingertops than to the bike.... lol.
For the truck I added plasticcard windscreens,added a little interiour detail for the cockpit, bars for the camouflage nets, opened up the driver door and drilled the storage compartment open, so I could leave the doors open.. Only complaint I can make here is that the tracks melted when using superglue.
This was a fun project, but this is in my opinion not one of revell's best boxes.. Low details on the bike, bad tracks, and the vehicles and crew are 1/76, but the afrikakorps which you get with the box is 1/72.. looks a bit like adults and kids...
I would love to hear your opinions on my build, and every advice and tips are welcome!!!
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 06:14 AM UTC
1/72?Its great!I thought it was 1/35!
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 08:02 AM UTC
yeah great Björn
really sweet mate!
it does have the look of a larger scale!
until you look closer! excellent mate!
bodymovin
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 10:20 AM UTC
great job dude i would think about adding brakelines in 135 but i would never even try to in a 172 model....man and i thought my 1/35 zundapp was a pain in the . good job, u use a magnifying lens for the small details?
ian
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 07:55 PM UTC
Bad truck bud good job.

(I'm making this vehicle now)
 _GOTOTOP