_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
I felt the pride once again.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:55 PM UTC
Dear brothers and sisters,
The disaster Costas had lately was terrible and the only tolerable part of it was having no damage at home and all family members are OK. (thanks God). I can understand how he felt because I know how he adores modelling and this disaster made him feel so so bad that he can pronounce to quit modelling.
... then once again ARMORAMA DIFFERENCE showed itself. at the moment I write this post ;there were 35 replies from different parts of the world offering support.that was incredible to see the support was covering the world map like a weblink..from USA to Australia, from Denmark to Egypt. 15 different countries at this moment and i know the support will grow. I dont believe United nations can be sensitive and fast as we have here.
I always told Armorama is not only a modelling community and i am once again proud to see ARMORAMA DIFFERENCE.
I just wanted to tell I will always feel the pride of being a member of this site and a friend of yours.
... and Jim ; i think what you did here cannot be described in words and probably that was more than you imagine as starting this site. Millions of bravos and thanks to you.
Bestest regards
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:59 PM UTC
Engin
I wholeheartedly second your thoughts.It's moments like this that make me proud to be a member of the BEST modelling site on the net.
Pete
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 09:46 PM UTC
I have to totally agree here as well. this is the best internet modeling family around. Cheers Kevin
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 12:31 AM UTC
That's why Armourama isn't just an internet site, it's an international community of people with a single shared interest.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 12:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear brothers and sisters....
... then once again ARMORAMA DIFFERENCE showed itself. at the moment I write this post ;there were 35 replies from different parts of the world offering support.that was incredible to see the support was covering the world map like a weblink..from USA to Australia, from Denmark to Egypt. 15 different countries at this moment and i know the support will grow.

and from Serbia....

Small friendly (becouse thats, what he is, MY FRIEND) Package already assembled, shipping it before the end of the week.

cheers
Mirko
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 03:30 AM UTC
Cheers to the "Big A"

Cuhail
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 04:25 AM UTC
I was actually very moved just now reading all the posts since I had posted myself. I am so VERY proud of our community coming together to help out one of our members.

I started to tear up a bit and then Engin's post really got me going.

I am as bad as the females.

Thanks guys!

Jim
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 03:19 PM UTC
Once again only a Huge Thanks from my heart can express what Armorama and members of it mean to me . When we say to other modelling ignorants how important this is to us no one understands. Life is different when u re an Armorama member
I am really proud of being one

Costas
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 03:37 PM UTC
when I tell my friends at school that I have friends all over the world they snigger and give me a side ways look as if to say what ever Andrew.
But now i know these friends are real people they are the kindest people I know!!!!!!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 03:42 PM UTC
Ola People

Quoted Text

Dear brothers and sisters,
The disaster Costas had lately was terrible and the only tolerable part of it was having no damage at home and all family members are OK. (thanks God). I can understand how he felt because I know how he adores modelling and this disaster made him feel so so bad that he can pronounce to quit modelling.
... then once again ARMORAMA DIFFERENCE showed itself. at the moment I write this post ;there were 35 replies from different parts of the world offering support.that was incredible to see the support was covering the world map like a weblink..from USA to Australia, from Denmark to Egypt. 15 different countries at this moment and i know the support will grow. I dont believe United nations can be sensitive and fast as we have here.
I always told Armorama is not only a modelling community and i am once again proud to see ARMORAMA DIFFERENCE.
I just wanted to tell I will always feel the pride of being a member of this site and a friend of yours.
... and Jim ; i think what you did here cannot be described in words and probably that was more than you imagine as starting this site. Millions of bravos and thanks to you.
Bestest regards

I have absolutely nothing to add to this.
Whenever I`m talking to people that do not know Armorama I`m always saying Armorama can be compared to a little village. For instance the little village I live in. It`s small, it has more cattle then inhabitants but everybody knows each other. Every time there is something to be done doesn`t matter what and the peoples can`t get it done themselfes people are always ready to help out expecting nothing in return or just the Ice cold beer as symbolic payment at the end of the day when all the work is finished.
And that is why I feel so good at home here on Armorama. The problem that Costas has and the way people are jumping in to help out as much as possible is a confirmation of my thoughts.
It has been said a thousand times and I will do it again. This whole site is thanks to Jim who made this home for a bunch of complete unknown people who became good friends in a short time without even having met each other (With the little occasion here and there of course.) And that is what makes this site so good.

Thanks to Jim and his lovely and understanding wife and all the members I`m proud of to be among them.

Thanks all for another confirmation of my thougths of Armorama being the best internet site in the world.

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 04:06 PM UTC
Me too.

I'm proud to be a member here. All people here are very friendly and supportive....whether in this hobby or in the face of disaster, as in the case of Costas.

Angela
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 04:10 PM UTC
I have to agree with everything said so far. We are a group of friends even though most of us have never, and will never, meet.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 05:37 PM UTC
After reading MrRoo's reply (never met and will never meet), I got to thinking.. would it be a good idea to have a kind of a Gallery-of-the-faces-behind-the-posts kind of thing. Or think of it like a school year book. I don't know... what do you guys think?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 05:40 PM UTC
Hisham

Something like that is already there
It`s used to be called the Rogues Gallery ( a name wich I personally liked very much) they now gave it the more modest name: "Member Photos " and can be found here
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=12349&password=

greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 05:46 PM UTC
hisham,

also if you look at the profile of the poster in the forums, provided they have their photo in the member galleries, you can see it there also.

check mine to see

cheers

joe
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 06:00 PM UTC
I find it very profound, and quite moving that despite political differences, borders of nations, and physical distance, that a common interest as simple as modeling can bring together people from all over the world... This is the single most important lesson that all inhabitants of this world should remember. I dare to call many of you friends, and dearly enjoy the friendships that I have made here. Being an American I feel hated by many in the world, why is it that we can not just forget the intolerance of the world and live as we should... in peace? This forum has created a good and strong since of brotherhood through creativity. I am proud to be apart of it!
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 06:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I find it very profound, and quite moving that despite political differences, borders of nations, and physical distance, that a common interest as simple as modeling can bring together people from all over the world... This is the single most important lesson that all inhabitants of this world should remember. I dare to call many of you friends, and dearly enjoy the friendships that I have made here. Being an American I feel hated by many in the world, why is it that we can not just forget the intolerance of the world and live as we should... in peace? This forum has created a good and strong since of brotherhood through creativity. I am proud to be apart of it!

very well said sir!

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mate where did ya steal that speach from! :-)
only kidding, VERY VERY well said!
Costas, dont stress mate, if theres anything i can do to help, you let me know right away!
cheers guys!
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 07:07 PM UTC
FAUST... thanks for pointing that out to me. There are so many hidden aspects of this site that I still don't know about.
 _GOTOTOP