_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Semovente M40
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 12:29 PM UTC
Has anyone found any good reference pictures? Any ideas on the colors for the interior?
Also, I think I read that this tank was used by the Isrealies at some point?
Any one care to comment on the Tamiya kit? Rob?
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 01:18 PM UTC
Charles, Are you referencing the assault gun version? If so, I can send you some good info I gathered from various sources. Send me a PM if it's the assault gun.

Generally, I think the Italeri version is superior in detail and craftsmanship to the Tamiya kits of both the 75/18 M40 assault gun and M13/40 tank version. Also, if you can, get the ModelVictoria individual link tracks. Easy clean-up, easy and quick build, and look super. My choice for best aftermarket tracks.

Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 01:38 PM UTC
I second Bob's words. The Zvezda (using the Italeri molds) Semovente is generally more accurate than the Tamiya one. I have a number of Model Victoria products and they are all excellent. I am using their tracks for my M13/40. I would also recommend their Semovente M40 Conversion Kit. It would include extra details and stowage, as well as make the model a real 1940 model, rather than the 1941 model that really comes in the box. Both Tamiya and Zvezda share this problem with their M13/40 and M40.
I wouldn't worry too much about the interior, any light buff colour should do.
I'll check for some good reference pics when I have more time, but one tip I can give you is to check pictures of M13/40 medium tanks, as the M13/40 and M40 share many features, the Semovente being built upon the M13/40 chassis.

Nic
 _GOTOTOP