_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
New: WALKAROUNDS
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 11:48 AM UTC
With the prodding of some staff members I have added a new section for Walkarounds to the "What's New" page. They will also be listed on the Resources page (YES!! A reason to finally visit this long-dead page!!).

I encourage users with access to military vehicles to submit photos to us or upload photos to your own gallery, so we can build a great selection of walkarounds. How can you do this you say?

Simple.... either use the Support Center (support.armorama.com) to submit a number of photos compressed into a single ZIP file, OR you can also create an album in your own gallery area (to seperate the photos from your other member photos) and upload the walkaround photos there. To create a new album look for the "Administrate Albums" link when you are logged in and in the gallery.

Once you have done this we can move the album to another location in the gallery to properly categorize it.

Thanks and happy walkarounding!

Jim
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 02:20 PM UTC
Jim

Does this mean I can now upload all the pics Juul Danny and I took at Bovington and the Military museum of Aldershot during our visit to England?

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 05:59 PM UTC
Jim:

Any chance of having something similar for us Figure guys? Containing uniforms, weaponry, equipment, etc.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 09:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim

Does this mean I can now upload all the pics Juul Danny and I took at Bovington and the Military museum of Aldershot during our visit to England?

Hmm...well by "walkarounds" I think most people will assume that is for a single vehicle, plane, ship, etc. So maybe I need to do something like this with the What's New TYPES:

Photos: Models
Photos: Shows
Photos: Walkarounds
Photos: Museum

Would that work?

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim:

Any chance of having something similar for us Figure guys? Containing uniforms, weaponry, equipment, etc.

Yes you can use this for those as well. "Walkaround" will have to mean "Reference photos on a single item or theme".

Jim
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 09:25 PM UTC
Jim

That categorisation would do well. But we have made complete walkarounds in Bovington. Including a Walkaround of a Chally 1 and a Chieftain with a complete turret interior walkaround.
Quite some other interesting stuff like a T55 with modified Armor. I can go on but I will make some work of it.

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:44 AM UTC
ahhhhh................ Robert is talking about the 700 pics we did on those babies in Bovington..... yep...that are walkarounds allright and....plenty of 'em too :-)
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 01:13 AM UTC
I'm having an ROTC day the 25th of this month. My Major and MSgt. said to expect and M113, at least a Blackhawk and maybe another "helicopter" and many small arms including a MK-19 (not sure if you'd consider it a small arm). I'll se if I can beg my dad for the digital camera, but I may just have to do it the hard way.

Jeff
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 01:25 AM UTC
Tarok:
I have sent several hundred WWII and American Civil War reenactor reference photos to an administrator to be inculded in this section.

If you have simiar photos, send 'em in!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm...well by "walkarounds" I think most people will assume that is for a single vehicle, plane, ship, etc.

Hi Jim

I agree, I expect a walkaround to be of a single subject - sub-categorised if there are enough pics to warrant it.

For my two-penny worth, I think Museum reports should simply include some "taster" pics, with the main picture collections from the visits appearing as categorised Walkarounds.

All the best

Rowan
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 01:50 PM UTC
wel yes we only made complete walkarounds on about everything that smells ww2 @ bovington so no its not a museum report.

and btw danny their are not 700 pics. their are about 1100 since I make 732 and robert made about 600 something.

minus stone henge the hotel etc leaves about 1100 bovington pictures

wich means, armorama goes from 3 walk arounds to way a lot more then most websites have
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 02:11 PM UTC
Ola People

Plus the fact that I already have a lot of Walkarounds in my gallery wich without problem can be moved to the Walkarounds section so we can fill it already a little bit.
At this moment in my gallery I have a:
- T55 Walkaround
- GMC 2,5 Ton Walkaround (more of a potpourri as there are several types in there.)
- Wings of Liberation Walkaround (collection of several walkarounds.)
- Sherman Walkaround (the one I made during our RMG Fieldtrip
- 17 pounder walkaround (idem during our RMG Fieldtrip.)
- 2 walkarounds of the Oosterbeek environment

On top of that as Juul already said we have quite a lot of pictures made in Bovington we have a nice Chally 1 walkaround and a chieftain walkaround with Turretinterior shots. And the 250+ pictures we made in Oosterbeek on sunday 19 September.

Could anyone give me directions on how to put the Walkarounds I already have in my Gallery for the therefore destined walkaround section? Would be greatly appreciated.

Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 08:16 PM UTC
Also some that can be moved and included (if moved please let me know because of the links on my site)

under Armour references

GERMAN

Sd.Kfz. 7 + Flack as seen at the Army Museum the Brussels (B) (61 pictures)

PzKfw IV Ausf H/J as seen at the Army Museum the Brussels (B) (65 pictures)

WW2 anti-aircraft mount for MG34 (6 pictures)

USA

Sherman M-32 recovery Vehicle (50 pictures)

155 mm Howitzer (63 pictures)

M3A1 Stuart (69 pictures)

Have fun :-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 09:13 PM UTC
With this system they should not be moved. Someone just needs to do a "What's New" with the relevant info (title, description, link, etc).

I will try to remember to update the selections tonight so we can do the other items.

Thanks,
Jim
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 09:21 PM UTC
Jim,
sounds great!
I've got OH 6A and MTLB pics to share, but life is nuts this week with AMPS East coming up.
I'll try to get something zipped to you in the next 2 weeks.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP